Anyone own a Gemini 2x12 passive?

Heavyplayer

Experienced
So, I been eyeing a Gemini 2 2x12 with a power amp, but haven't found much info on these. All I'm coming up with is the powered version. Anyone own one of the passive versions? Clips? How does this compare to the Friedman ASM12? Which sounds more cab like? I'd think the 2x12, but what do I know.

Any and all experiences would be awesome to hear.

So, I been eyeing a Gemini 2 2x12 with a power amp, but haven't found much info on these. All I'm coming up with is the powered version. Anyone own one of the passive versions? Clips? How does this compare to the Friedman ASM12? Which sounds more cab like? I'd think the 2x12, but what do I know.

Any and all experiences would be awesome to hear.
A clip is pretty useless for reviewing FRFR... Because it will be colored by whatever mic it's recorded with and by what you listen with.

That being said, my buddy has one and a couple years ago I organized an Axe Fx meetup where we compared Xitone (passive and active), the passive Gemini 2, passive AccuGroove Lattes and a few others.

The Gemini sounded very comparable. It did seem a little more bassy but it was also mounted in a road case.

I get it about clips. Mainly just throwing it out there as I'm seeing nothing about it.

Anyone else? Guessing I'll be waiting on the Celestion F12-X200 or go back to the Friedman ASM12.

Back
Top Bottom