Anyone out there using Axe-Fx III & LF Pro?

Chuk

Inspired
I'm just asking if anyone has successfully connected AxeFXIII & Liquid Foot Pro (original series)?

I've got the LF+ 12+, which I know is different than what you have in both size and family/generation. However, I suspect the answer for yours is the same as it is for mine, which is that right now it's just a MIDI controller. It works perfectly fine as that, but doesn't show tap tempo blinks, doesn't work with the tuner, and doesn't sync any preset or IA state over automatically like it did with the II.

Hopefully now that the spec is out, Jeff/FAMC will eventually update the + series to support those extra features. I'm not sure how likely it is he'll upgrade the original series though.

But again, it should work just fine as a traditional, highly programmable one-way controller. At least for me the plus has, and I don't see why the original series wouldn't be equal in those features. Any particular questions/problems?

I've used the LF Pro successfully for years with the AxeFXII but I can't get it working properly with the AxeFXIII.
The Bank Up/Dn buttons don't do anything to the AxeFXIII.
If I individually program each and every preset then it does work but that would mean having to program 252 presets. Many hours of button pushing.I never had to do this with the AxeFXII. Maybe because AxeFX SYNC was set in the LF Pro when I was using the AxeFXII.
I've started the laborious process of doing it manually via the flaky 'Java' Editor.

Unfortunately yes, that's what's missing. The LF (old and +) aren't able to read data from the Axe, so it's not going to pull in your presets automatically.

Back
Top Bottom