Anyone one else thinks the recto2 is weird since 18.04?

Hi all :)
I use the RECTO 2 ORG for a bunch of live presets, sounded good till recently, I played with them a little after upgrading to 18.04. It sounds almost like there is too much volume (almost like digital saturation in the bass), the bass wobbles in a weird way and the high end got annoyingly overwhelming, and it's not as crunchy as before.
I can't hear anything like that out of my real life recto 3channel or 2 channel, in a similar cab, even mic'ed.

Is there something in some settings I should be paying attention at? I restarted the presets from scratch by restting the amp to defaults but can't seem to find the trick. Amp advanced settings were pretty much default anyway.
I didn't notice this problem with any of my main amps in the axe fx.
Anyone had the same feeling? I know some have been struggling with 18..
cheers!

1. Take a dump and think about stuff

2. Read that book on the edge of your nightstand for 30 min

3. Clean your ears with q-tips

4. Go back and try your Recto preset again

Be better to use a wax softening agent for a week and then water irrigation to get the excess cerumen (aka wax) out. Q-tips really just end up pushing wax in deeper and tamping it down. I see so many patients with this perfectly formed, smoothly polished ring of wax in their ear canals from q-tip use.

Your advice is otherwise spot on.

Be better to use a wax softening agent for a week
Really, soften a week?? I mix h2o2 with glycerin (2/4 ratio)wait 5-10 min. If it needs it I repeat till it loosens the outer edge of the earwax blockage for me , then I use a rubber-bulb syringe to gently squirt warm water into your ear canal. Tilt my head and pull the outer ear up and back to straighten the ear canal.

None of the Recto models were changed.

I think the user didn't write which FW he had before, so how can you say they are not changed? They are indeed since, for example, 14.00 (the firmware I had before updating to 18.04), and yes, as the user who wrote the post, I'm struggling a bit to dial my sound with them now, and I had no problem before.

Besides it, I think it's a bit harsh to tell an user to wash the wax out of his ears because he hears something different after a FW upgrade....I've seen this kind of attitude every now and then on this forum and that's not good.

Phil, are you sure the problem you have is only for the Recto amp? Do you have a compressor block in the chain? I was thinking, if the FW you had before 18.04 was earlier than 18.XX, this might come from the compressor block (if you have one in the chain), as its volume was changed by about 7-10db quite recently, and when I updated to 18.04, my presets had a weird sound until readjusting my compressor volume.

Phil, are you sure the problem you have is only for the Recto amp? Do you have a compressor block in the chain? I was thinking, if the FW you had before 18.04 was earlier than 18.XX, this might come from the compressor block (if you have one in the chain), as its volume was changed by about 7-10db quite recently, and when I updated to 18.04, my presets had a weird sound until readjusting my compressor volume.

That's a good tip, I don't remember reading about this volume difference in any release notes. But no, bypassing compressor doesn't change that horrible bass wobble on certain low notes (high gain setting)
I found the excessive high sizzle was only because i didn't re setup my global out1 EQ after resetting parameters.

I was coming from FW 15, briefly through 18.01 till i properly tried 18.04, now on 18.06

Thanks for your answer!

You should do comedian :mrgreen

Back
Top Bottom