Anyone On the G66 Waitlist For The Red Sound Elis 8's?

Hi guys,

I hope you are all well and keeping safe. I'm just interested to see if anyone is on the waitlist with G66 for the Red Sound Elis 8's?

If so did you go with the stereo bundle or just a single one? I went for the stereo bundle and sold off one of my Friedman FRFR's to buy them. I saw on my FB feed that G66 had stock arrive at the end of last week. Hopefully an invite is coming this week at some point.

Anyway looking forward to finally receiving them.

Paul
I am.. They have responded that I can place an order.

I am.. They have responded that I can place an order.
You won’t regret it, seriously the best FRFR O have vet tried and I‘m searching since the Axe 1 standard.
This was always the reason I went back to real amp and cab but since I have the Red Sound I‘m missing nothing and I sold my real amp, cab etc.

I am also on the waitilist since yesterday for the stero bundle. Will compare it with my Dynachord AXM 12A FRFR Cab. But maybe I use all three Cabinets in the Room. I hope the waitlist ist not soooooo long :p
Just signed up for the waitlist for Eli’s.8 pair. Cant wait. Also currently use the Dynacord axm12a as well as a Powestage 170 or sometimes Atomic Reactor 50/50 into a guitar cab. Looking forward to compare them!

I joined the waitlist about three weeks ago and I will be receiving my Elis.8 pair next week. Currently playing through a Line 6 PC+, which I think sounds pretty good…so I can’t wait to hear what this sounds like next week.

I joined the waitlist about three weeks ago and I will be receiving my Elis.8 pair next week. Currently playing through a Line 6 PC+, which I think sounds pretty good…so I can’t wait to hear what this sounds like next week.
That has made me insanely jealous, to be honest. Still waiting on my notification and I joined the list for a single active, at the end of April. I've been told it'll be another couple of weeks now.

Please feel free to rock out on my behalf, when they arrive 🎸 🤘

I did go directly through Red Sound, not G66…in case that makes you feel any different/better. But, in these days of Amazon Prime…even next Monday seems like an eternity. LOL.

I did go directly through Red Sound, not G66…in case that makes you feel any different/better. But, in these days of Amazon Prime…even next Monday seems like an eternity. LOL.
Ah, that explains it . I saw on the Red Sound Instagram, that they had just sold out of another batch of them. Demand outstripping supply at the moment, it seems.

I turned 42 last week, but waiting on new gear arriving turns me into a spoiled child 😄

do you think theses speakers would sound as good as a axe fx into a matrix gt1000 and cab? the matrix amplifier provides a tube like sound, to the axe fx. Or are they powered like an atomic cab with tubes?

do you think theses speakers would sound as good as a axe fx into a matrix gt1000 and cab? the matrix amplifier provides a tube like sound, to the axe fx. Or are they powered like an atomic cab with tubes?
The Elis 8's come in both passive and active. I'd check with the guys at Red Sound and see if they recommend using the Matrix with Elis 8's. A little while ago I asked if I could use a Syemour Duncan Powerstage 170 with a single MF10. Mirko from Red Sound said he doesn't recommend using the Powerstage with one MF10.

To be honest though the Elis 8's are loud enough to gig with, I have in the past with no issues and a few other forum members who own them have done the same.

Reactions: Ole
Matrix GT1000FX does NOT provide anything to the tone, other than amplify it.
That is the whole point. All the tube sound comes from your Axe-Fx.

i decided to purchase the elis 8 active from g66. I was running an axe fx ultra into the effects return of a mesa rectoverb amp. It sounded good to me.

As a mesa amp is quite heavy and can have issues with the tubes i think the elis 8 is a good purchase.

The Redsounds are now available in US - mine are in transit to DC area. Also check out this video from Marco Fantone on FRFR speakers - I thought it was excellent. It does talk about Redsound but it is of general value re speakers

Where did you get them in the us... LINK PLEASE?
The Redsounds are now available in US - mine are in transit to DC area. Also check out this video from Marco Fantone on FRFR speakers - I thought it was excellent. It does talk about Redsound but it is of general value re speakers

You won’t regret it, seriously the best FRFR O have vet tried and I‘m searching since the Axe 1 standard.
This was always the reason I went back to real amp and cab but since I have the Red Sound I‘m missing nothing and I sold my real amp, cab etc.
As someone currently on the FRFR market, curious how these compare to something like Adam A7X (or soon to be A7V)? Thanks.

I have an Adam A8X and an Elis 8. You can't compare it. The sound from the Elis 8 is much better. More akin to real amplifiers.

Back
Top Bottom