Anyone On the G66 Waitlist For The Red Sound Elis 8's?

I had the chance to plug them in last night with my Axe III. They sound fantastic! The fact you can just turn them on and none of my presets needed any tweaking whatsoever they translate really well with my studio monitors when I create or use any of my presets. I'm wondering if it's worth getting a small power amp like the Powerstage 170 and using it with the passive cab as well just as a backup just in case.

I actually like them so much I've decided to sell my Friedman ASC-10 and get on the wait list for one of the active MF10's. I can't recommend them enough.
I absolutely second that!
Presets that I never liked, are absolutely blooming now.
I will do a full and proper review soon.

Reactions: Ole
Hi guys,

I hope you are all good. I got an email from Sussi yesterday, My MF10 has arrived. I'm still deciding if I should go for the stereo bundle on those as well mainly because of paying the VAT twice to bring in the active one and then the passive one at a later date. It makes sense to just buy them both together and save some cash!

I'm gonna wait till Monday and then make a decision but I think I will get both. I wasn't planing on buying the MF10's as I have the Elis 8's but I thought what the hell it's only money right? lol.

Hi guys,

I hope you are all good. I got an email from Sussi yesterday, My MF10 has arrived. I'm still deciding if I should go for the stereo bundle on those as well mainly because of paying the VAT twice to bring in the active one and then the passive one at a later date. It makes sense to just buy them both together and save some cash!

I'm gonna wait till Monday and then make a decision but I think I will get both. I wasn't planing on buying the MF10's as I have the Elis 8's but I thought what the hell it's only money right? lol.
The only saving is the additional VAT on the UPS handling charge not on the MF10 itself?

I've also got an MF10 incoming. Initial plan is to run it alongside my existing Redsound LG 12 which I've had for a while. If it's as good as the LG12, I'll get a second unit to save a little space / weight when gigging.

The only saving is the additional VAT on the UPS handling charge not on the MF10 itself?

I've also got an MF10 incoming. Initial plan is to run it alongside my existing Redsound LG 12 which I've had for a while. If it's as good as the LG12, I'll get a second unit to save a little space / weight when gigging.
That's correct yes, you'd still pay the price of the MF10 without 20% VAT to G66 and then when they arrive in the UK you'd have to pay UPS the VAT and handling charge on or before delivery. There is a small 3% Brexit discount that G66 give you. I'm not sure how long that will be for.

In my case I'd end up paying VAT for the active one and then further on down the line paying more VAT on the passive one. It makes no sense to do that and I'd be wasting money. Might as well order them at the same time.

Hi all,

I'm still in doubt which one to choose, the Elis8 or MF10.
I want a compact set for giging and playing at home with the FM3. Than obvious the Elis is the way to go.
But can it deliver the same sound pressure / feel as the MF10?

Currently I'm using a 10" monitor, a Sound Projects X-act, which I'm borrowing from a friend. And it sounds pretty good. Maybe he wants to sell them both, he has another one. Sound Projects is a dutch company and you these monitors a lot in theaters.

So the million dollar question is: which one should I buy?
  • Elis 8
  • MF10
  • Sound Projects X-act

Any thoughts?

What kind of music are you making?
Actually I'm testing both, Elis8 and MF10.
Honestly, there is nothing, that the Elis8 can't do (please read my review in this section a few posts below)
You can compare them like a 2x12 vs 4x12 cab, some prefer the 2x12 and some other prefer the 4x12 cab.
The Elis 8 are my go to Speakers but if you are playing in a really loud band and you dont have any other spekers, I would probably go for the MF10.
I love them both!

Last edited:
I mostly play rock, from sparkly clean to hard rock.

Nice review Sashman!

What I read you can't go wrong with the Elis or the MF. I love the small footprint of the Elis 8.

I took the view that the ELIS.8 would not be loud enough - they don’t publish the max SPL figure so this was guess work on my part. I’m in the U.K. so returning goods / reclaiming VAT from U.K. government is not likely to be easy so I took the view that MF10 would be safer bet. I already use a Redsound LGS12 which I rate highly - the MF10 will partner this on larger gigs or replace on smaller gigs. If it’s very good, I’ll buy a 2nd unit to replace the LG12 which would save some space. I tend to use my active cabs as “back line” because I don’t like the tone of standard PA wedges e.g. Yamaha DXR10. I do feed the P.A so I’m not 100% dependant on my cabs to fill the room.

Last edited:
MF10s would appeal to me for live work more than the Elis8s too. The Elis8 sounds like a bit of an attempt at finding a single solution to both home and stage use ... but the volume differences required between both those scenarios and the effect on tone is the problem to me. I like separate solutions - dedicated studio monitoring and dedicated live monitoring - separate presets for both.

75% of venues our band plays are in weird shaped rooms with a short throw for the PA before the sound hits a wall - in most of those places the guitar needs a little backline help to leave the vocals, kick and keys a little space in the PA feed .... it also sounds more like a band in a room if you get what I mean - it's not so much about sonic perfection it's about atmosphere too. So for me the more air pushed the better ... and I'd prefer to have 2 cabs for sure.

The last time I played with a single cab was when I had a Mesa Boogie Mk 3 simulclass combo many years back .... I had no trouble hearing it but when I switched to a 2 1x12 cabs rack system later on it just sounded better to me without actually running it any louder (plus I ran it stereo by using a stereo +10 cent/-10 cent pitch effect most of the time in my rack FX processor). I've run with 2 1x12 cabs ever since. I don't play really loud on stage - in fact I hate being too loud - I just want enough to feel comfortable hearing 'enough' of myself beside a live drum kit with most of the volume whistling past me at waist level. For medium to large venues if I'm using my Fractal rig I plug in xlrs to FOH and if using the tube rig it takes very little time to throw up a couple of mics for the cabs if required.

Therefore the MF10 stereo bundle is appealing to me at this time for a FRFR solution and my old trusty but bleeding heavy EVM 12L loaded Marshall 1x12s for conventional guitar cab use with my tube rack rig. (They also sound pretty good with my AxeFX2 and Matrix GT1000FX when I feel the urge to use them for a gig)

So - seeing as my AxeFx2 is doing just fine for me in my home space and even if I upgraded to the AxeFx III, for live use I'd still need to transport it and the Matrix in a rack and lug along a FC too which is a bit of a handful all together .... same bulk to carry as my tube rig in fact - though lighter I'll admit. For AxeFx2 live presets I've never needed more than one amp block, a stereo cab block and a modest amount of fx, so with all the CPU saving stuff like channels and drives in amp blocks etc now available in the later gear's firmware my shopping list is looking like a FM3 and 2 MF10s and keep things compact.

Might be wrong ... but it's what I think/feel is likely best for me.

I'm actually testing both and there is nothing that the Elis 8 can't do but it depends on what you need.
I'm playing in kind of 80's Rock, Heavy Rock Band (AC/DC Van Halen, Toto etc) and the Elis 8 do a great job, no problems with drums etc. here.
But as I wrote above, if you are just using one cab or if you are playing at bigger venues etc. i would go for the MF10.
The Elis 8 are my go to speakers for everything.
If you are interested, please look at my review a few post below.
Cheers
Sash

I'm actually testing both and there is nothing that the Elis 8 can't do but it depends on what you need.
I'm playing in kind of 80's Rock, Heavy Rock Band (AC/DC Van Halen, Toto etc) and the Elis 8 do a great job, no problems with drums etc. here.
But as I wrote above, if you are just using one cab or if you are playing at bigger venues etc. i would go for the MF10.
The Elis 8 are my go to speakers for everything.
If you are interested, please look at my review a few post below.
Cheers
Sash
When you say using just one cab, do you mean using just one single Elis8 vs one MF10?

Back
Top Bottom