Anyone notice notes choking when using Wireless??

rlennyr

I had a horrid experience the other night during a concert, where my notes just choked up during a solo.
I had setup my gain levels using a cable and was very happy with the tone/sustain during the rehearsals.

However, during the concert (using Line6 G50) my tone seemed harsh and the notes were dying.
This is the first time I've used the G50 with the AX8.

I know that one needs to set their patches using the same cable/setup they will use live but I didn't expect the difference to be so drastic. Never had this problem with my analog setup.

I have that same wireless and it works great. Make sure your "Cable Tone" knob is set to OFF. That might be whats causing weirdness.
23844496_304363690054114_8693212842770402293_n.jpg

Yeah it seem a bit odd. Cable tone was set to 12-15 feet as 0 seemed too harsh in my in ears. We don't use monitors/cabs on stage.

My amp gain was like 9 and 808 gain was like 6-7. That's plenty of gain.
Will play with it a bit to see what went wrong.

I using a Line6 Relay G90. I have always used a 20-ft cable. I setup the gain to match a cable, and use the 20-ft Cable Tone setting. It matches my cable tone and feel great as far as I can tell.

I set the 'Cable Tone' parameter by ear, going back and forth with as A/B switch. When I was happy, I looked at the setting and....boom...it was at 20-ft....lol

I use a G30 all of hte time. So far I have had no issues at all. Check what Rex said as that sounds like a good idea.

I use the g70, cable tone set to about 15 feet I think. I also boost the input by 2db, you might want to try that..?

I had a similar issue with the G50. Sent it to Line 6 and one of the IC's needed to be replaced. Got it back and used it with all of my setups, including the FX8 and AX8, with no issues.

Use the G-50 myself on big and small stages and setup all my presets with it. I keep the cable set at Off. Like mentioned above sounds like the gate is somehow squashing your notes.

Thank you all for the great inputs.

I found two issues with the preset.

1. The noise gate for some reason on this preset was higher than my usual setting.

2. Bug - Default Scene not retaining scene controller values

I have 4 scenes within the preset - Clean, Crunch, Dirt and Solo. All setup using Scene controller 1 on Amp Drive and OD Gain.
I had changed the default scene to 4 as per the instructions on page 44 of the AX8 manual so that scene 4 is active when the preset is loaded.

However, this isn't happening - the scene controller values for some reason don't get loaded.
I have to switch to a different scene and then back to scene 4.

Anyone experience this? I haven't reported the bug to fractal yet.

Noticed similar issues last nite at a concert. Guitar player for "All that remains" was having issues. He was running wireless. He had notes dropping off, volume issues, and signal cutting in and out. I know he was frustrated. They seemed to be using Ableton or something also, so maybe some issue with that .

However, this isn't happening - the scene controller values for some reason don't get loaded.
I have to switch to a different scene and then back to scene 4.

Check if "PC Reset" is on for those modifiers. If it is, set it to off and test again.

Back
Top Bottom