Anyone makes Effects Packs?

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
I see a lot of commercial preset packs that focuses on amp tones. Im looking for presets or blocks that focuses on reverbs, delays and other fx. Anyone making these?

Not really.... @simeon has his FX presets and blocks shareware which are awesome but not made for the III.. if he ever did a full FX pack it would be special...all he needs is an Axefx III................

At this point, I'm far more interested in FX blocks than amp focused packs too (@austinbuddy has me covered there). I am very comfortable dialing in amps and cabs, but some FX and their advanced parameters still elude me.

Simeon's work is great, I was using his effects before i got the III. I even tried to convert these blocks for my III with Fracpad, but there was some error, so no luck so far.

Yes please. Being pretty new to the Fractal world this is the thing that most surprises me. There are a ton of amp packs and presets for metal tones, but nothing that resembles good and creative FX presets like Strymon or Eventide.

I don’t really know if effects blocks really represent something of significant value at this point to where it wouldn’t seem a bit shady trying to “sell” them.

Like if someone takes the phaser block, tweaks the bias a bit and then sells it saying it’s a “_______” model uni-vibe. Is that really original or did they just copy the settings I’ve shared, or Yek has shared etc?

Is the “electric mistress” someone wants $10 for any different than the settings that have been already shared in past threads ?

Is any delay block setting not going to be copying off soemthing Simeon has already shared ?

For that matter, how do you protect your “intellectual property” as a creator ?

If your ‘secret’ is changing the LFO to a triangle wave, what’s to stop someone else from purposely, or accidentally, sharing the same idea in another thread ? Then it’s like “oh shoot, you just shared what I was trying to sell for a profit”.

Just seems really hard to have a product out of what is essentially just a handful of parameter settings, and most of the blocks really aren’t that deep.

I guess if someone chained together multiple blocks in a unique way it could have a little more substance, but blocks alone.... I don’t know

There's some incredible fx blocks in the factory presets that are worth saving to the blocks library IMO.
You took the words right out of my mouth. The factory presets contain everything from expertly-dialed-in basic effects to a lot of insanely creative stuff. For that matter, @austinbuddy 's Naked preset pack for the Axe III has some great effects.

Otherwise, is it time for another mother of all effects emulation thread ?
C'mon, my brother. What are you waiting for? You're not nearly busy enough. ;)

There's some incredible fx blocks in the factory presets that are worth saving to the blocks library IMO.

Otherwise, is it time for another mother of all effects emulation thread ?

Exactly Leon! Everyone should go through the factory presets and save blocks of any effects you like. One of the first things I ever did.

Lots of great stuff in there! Exhaust that first. Great place to learn how to make great effects.

When I helped port over some factory presets for the AxeIII by hand on front panel (!) I learned a lot more about dialing in reverbs and delays, looking closely at how Cliff tweaked the existing factory default algorithms for the factory presets...same with drive pedals...etc.

Last edited:
reading this made me wonder is there would be demand for presets of well known songs. They would be a great learning tool as well as serve those who play in cover bands and just want to have a more plug and play experience. I love to tinker to get sounds and experiment but I will be the first to admit that discovering the Jimi Hendrix "Are You Experienced" song patches in Austin Buddy's 1000 + bundle made me giddy with delight :)

Exactly Leon! Everyone should go through the factory presets and save blocks of any effects you like. One of the first things I ever did.

Lots of great stuff in there! Exhaust that first. Great place to learn how to make great effects.

This is such a brilliant idea! I always forget about the factory presents, and I know there is a lot to learn from them. I had something I wanted to program yesterday with lots of delay, an atmospheric textural sort of thing for an arpeggiated clean tone. I was actually caught off guard with how many delay blocks there are in the III. I had no idea! I was overwhelmed to say the least. I think a walk through the factory presets will be a great place to start.

I think a lot of people would like to see a library of effects blocks that emulate specific pedals (with a guide for how to adjust it to match the original pedal's adjustment possibilities). For example, many people have asked for a model of the Klon, and a few people have offered up ways to emulate it. But where do you go (besides doing a search) to find the settings? Plus just having the block to import would be handy. I think a library of effects listed by the pedal name it is emulating would be a very popular thing. A lot of people here have been willing to share these settings, so I don't think there needs to be a charge for it. Just a library of them would be nice.

Last edited:
I've nabbed some good stuff from the factory presets. It'll be nice when they're updated to include recent goodies like the updates to the drive, plex, and multidelay blocks. I bet once the FCs come out we can probably look forward to some updated factory presets.

I think a lot of people would like to see a library of effects blocks that emulate specific pedals (with a guide for how to adjustment it to match the original pedal's adjustment possibilities). For example, many people have asked for a model of the Klon, and a few people have offered up ways to emulate it. But where do you go (besides doing a search) to find the settings? Plus just having the block to import would be handy. I think a library of effects listed by the pedal name it is emulating would be a very popular thing. A lot of people here have been willing to share these settings, so I don't think there needs to be a charge for it. Just a library of them would be nice.

“Problem” though is that often when someone goes and does the effort for others it’s because they hope to get compensation for the effort. That isn’t bad per say, but if someone goes though all the factory presets and saves the blocks and then asks $29 for it or whatever, are they really selling something they should have the right to sell? If all they did was take an existing setting and save it as a block file, did they create anything ?

If someone else shares a preset with that block name, is that as “wrong” as sharing a preset with a custom IR?

I think it just opens a big can of worms, and either people feeling someone is ripping people off selling renamed effects blocks, or someone will feel their hard work is being stolen whenever we talk about settings in other threads.

I think a big part of it too is we just want the familiar warm fuzzy feeling of seeing the right words on a block type

We like that there is CE2 Japan in the Chorus block more than we like seeing a generic analog mono flanger. Now if someone goes and takes that setting and calls is 18v mistress, suddenly we feel it’s better, the Axe now is worth more becasue it’s got a model of a $500+ rare pedal, but in reality it’s still just words and a label.

At the same time, how many of near the same thing is too many? Do we need a ce2, and a sch1, and a fx60, and a cool cat, and a voodoo lab chorus etc? When they are all essentially the same circuit with mn3002 chips and you can slightly adjust the knobs on one to sound like the others ?

Then if you pay for 20 chorus blocks are you really getting 20 unique models or are you getting just a bunch of minor tweaks of 20 versions of the same circuit ?

I think what we really need moving forward is more specific modeling of actual circuits, so it’s not just tweaked parameters of a common base, but adding in unique things to the algorithms and modeling.

For example, if there was a way to pay $29 and get new fuzz pedal emulations, adding controls for things like voltage starving, translators hfe controls etc, where you could do new and unique stuff, it would be worth every penny. Your not paying for someone to tell you how to set the knobs, your paying for new control parameters!

Of course there isn’t any option for 3rd party modeling blocks etc, but I think that would be pretty cool as far as effects goes. Highly unlikely but still would be cool to have a platform that is kind of like a DAW is to VST’s, where you can load a given companies tske on what an effect should be. Again, not realistic for tons of reasons but still would be cool to actually buy a given brands algo and run a Eventide h9 effect inside the Axe.

When I helped port over some factory presets for the AxeIII by hand on front panel (!) I learned a lot more about dialing in reverbs and delays, looking closely at how Cliff tweaked the existing factory default algorithms for the factory presets...same with drive pedals...etc.
Yeah there are some good options in the factory presets, I haved tweaks some of those and they sound great. What I think would be the next evolution is preset packs that have a theme such as Eventide's Blackhole. I wish I had time to dig in and try to make my own but ultimately I am lazy and just love slightly tweaking already constructed presets. But effects packs that were in a certains theme like "101 Sythn Presets", "Ultimate arpeggiator pack", or "Ambient Galaxy effects" would be a neat addition to all the metal amp packs that already exist.

AustinBuddy. I bought your naked amp presets. Amazing! Thank you. I have learned a ton digging through these presets.

I think a lot of people would like to see a library of effects blocks that emulate specific pedals (with a guide for how to adjustment it to match the original pedal's adjustment possibilities). For example, many people have asked for a model of the Klon, and a few people have offered up ways to emulate it. But where do you go (besides doing a search) to find the settings? Plus just having the block to import would be handy. I think a library of effects listed by the pedal name it is emulating would be a very popular thing. A lot of people here have been willing to share these settings, so I don't think there needs to be a charge for it. Just a library of them would be nice.

I agree and started this earlier this year, but other things took up my time with the Axe III launch. I’d love to make a effects block library tonepack with 1000 effects but you’d be surprised how big a job that is and effects work differently with amps/gain, some are one size fits all, others not so much. Definately a goal for me in next few years. Other issue is block formats different across platforms. I thoughy I’d start with Ax8 first...

Its a bit hard to find something in one Thread. Maybe there could be a sub forum for effects emulations?

Back
Top Bottom