Anyone know of a mixer that can do this?

Rotaholic

Inspired
I was at a bar and the owner knows im up with the play on audio and he asked me to redesign his bar system. I said no problems but then when I saw what he wanted to do I assumed there was a product out there but im struggling to find it.

What im after is a 6ch stereo mixer, all it needs is a fader or volume pot but it needs to be able to be sent out to 4x zones (so like 4x stereo outs controlled by a volume pot/fader for each output)

He wants to be able to send lets say, the jukebox to the main bar, sports tv to the sports part of the bar, background music to the restaurant and the radio/something else to the outside courtyard, or any combination of the above.

I thought something like this would be easy to find but im struggling.

So to wrap it up im after a 6ch stereo input mixer, rackable preferred (maybe with 1 or 2 mic/line inputs) and 4x stereo outs

They make audio switchers for bars for this situation...

I ran sound/booked at a bar and their system ran off 2-3 power amps and speakers and the mixer/jukebox/tvs all ran into it

so you'll need a seperate MIXER if you're running sound for a band or something- but all those would run into an audio switcher

Hi Rotaholic,

I think there are several options for the mixer part.
* Find one with post-fader direct-outs.
* Find one with subgroups (with "direct out")
* Find one with enough aux channels (you'll need 6 i guess, with the main you get 8 channels out = 4x stereo)

Mixers with these features often have more channels then you want.
The mixer is only part of the solution, if you want to out 4x stereo, you'll need 4 stereo (rack) amps.....

I wouldn't use a behringer cup holder let alone pay $3000 for anything they make

the sampson seams to be the best unit- better than the one i posted

Hi again guys, thanks to everyone for helping. I guess I didn't give everyone enough info to paint a proper picture. This is a very very simple set up in a small country pub, this isn't a big install in a 5 star hotel.

He already has everything installed and working, but it started out as just a jukebox but over the years the system keeps being added to with more and more crap and no its just so confusing with different speaker switches and rack preamps and mixers. The owner knows how to work it very well, but when he goes away the wheels fall off.

After a day of searching and finding some pretty cool products out there, most of them are way over kill or aren't really built for the purpose intended. It needs to be as simple as possible so that the 18yr old blond bar ladies can work it with out being an audio engineer/systems analysis tech.

I was almost going to start looking at building my own system as it would be a very simple rack to make but like others have said on here, I don't want to be involved in maintaining it. Just going to install it as a favour, tidy up his spaghetti and simplify everything.

This is the only product I have found that will do pretty much what I want, I cant believe there aren't more products out there for this purpose.

Let me know what you think of it and any flaws it may have

4d53c42c5fb29_ZRM4-M.jpg

Australian Monitor ZRM4

FEATURES
•6 balanced dual mic/line input
•4 mono outputs/zones
•6 dual mic/line inputs with sensitivity control
•In built bell, alert, evac and pre announce chimes
•Individual remote master VCA control for all four outputs/zones
•Inbuilt priority/ducking circuit switchable per output
•Clear indication of zone selection from front panel LEDs

That'll do nicely :encouragement:

Again though, you will need to amplify the signal being sent to each zone... unless each zone has active (powered) speakers in place of course

Thanks cover'd, yes the system is already running, its just a nightmare to drive. All the speakers are either self powered or running off individual power amps.

What kind of inputs are you using, RCA, 1/4" etc.
Shure, Ashly and ART all make Zone Mixers. I'll find a few links in a bit, but Google Zone Mixer or check Fullcompass.com, they carry a lot of install type equipment.

Sent from my iPhone

Back
Top Bottom