Anyone know how to change the microphones on Axe-Fx III?

Which is better?

• FAS 6160

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • PVH 6505+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's my understanding that with the AXE FX II XL+ one would go to the CAB block and see the cabs and microphones they want and choose their favorite. When I go to the CAB block on the AXE FX III I don't see anything resembling that. Did I overlook something?

They got rid of the feature.

If you want to change the mic you can pick a different IR with the mic type you want, or adjust with EQ for the respective changes in response the mic setting would of added

It's gone. On the upside, thousands of factory IR's that sound incredible, with multiple mic shots of each!

They got rid of the feature.

If you want to change the mic you can pick a different IR with the mic type you want, or adjust with EQ for the respective changes in response the mic setting would of added
What's an IR? How does this work? As far as EQ I don't really have a firm understanding of it.

How do I get to it?

They are in the cab block, those 2000 some files which are each different speaker cabinet and mic combos

You can further mix 4 together

I’d suggest you view some of the excellent video tutorials on the net. You’ve seemingly got a $2500 flagship processor and I doubt your able to take advantage of it right now, and it’s rather hard to provide specific help if you don’t know the basics, especially via text in a forum

Spend a few hours with some good videos and you’ll be crafting your own patches in no time

Back
Top Bottom