Anyone interested?

All their price estimates seem low to me.

I agree, especially when you consider this guitar sold for $240,000, 300% above the high-end estimate.

MusicRisingAuction-College2.jpg

https://www.guitarplayer.com/players/the-edges-first-guitar-goes-up-for-auction

I was just gonna start a thread with the title "FAS, dont release anything new for a while as I need to save up"

I can see why he's doing it, charity and moving on. But I always think it's sad when a musician parts with an instrument they've relied upon for so long

I'd love the money for the red strat, as that to me is DG

I don't understand...they show Gilmour playing "the black strat" live in 1973 with a rosewood neck and the one on auction is a maple neck?

I don't understand...they show Gilmour playing "the black strat" live in 1973 with a rosewood neck and the one on auction is a maple neck?

That is correct, the black strat started out with a rosewood neck, and he later switched to maple... actually several different maple necks over the years.. I think the current neck is a 1983 reissue neck

That is correct, the black strat started out with a rosewood neck, and he later switched to maple... actually several different maple necks over the years.. I think the current neck is a 1983 reissue neck
Thanks...
I found him saying this on a link yek provided:
What is the history of the Black Strat?
It’s a 1969 Strat, which I bought at Manny’s on 48th Street in New York in 1970. I have done dozens of modifications to it. I’ve changed the neck a couple of times. I’ve drilled holes in it and done all sorts of weird things to it. But the color is the one thing I’ve never changed. It was always black.

The Black Strat started out with a maple neck and large CBS headstock. You can see the original version in the Live in Pompeii movie. The rosewood neck came afterwards.

If he's parting with the Black Strat that pretty much means he's done touring and retiring. It be like Brian May selling his Red Special.

The Black Strat started out with a maple neck and large CBS headstock. You can see the original version in the Live in Pompeii movie. The rosewood neck came afterwards.

If he's parting with the Black Strat that pretty much means he's done touring and retiring. It be like Brian May selling his Red Special.

Ah yes, you are right. Forgot about Pompeii and jumped straight to the Dark Side era where he fitted the rosewood.

I don't know if it means the end of touring though.... I mean he did A LOT of touring without the black strat.. The whole Pulse tour era was without it for example. Some people liked the EMG equipped rigs better than the Black Strat tones really, myself being one of them. But, I think the black strat looks cooler lol

He's toured plenty without it. I'm not sure it's that clear an indicator. Though, he's getting on in years and not touring any more may totally be a thing he's planning for.

I dig that he's not just hoarding it all and passing it along in a will. Parting it out for charity like this as his life sunsets is incredibly cool.

Back
Top Bottom