Anyone in the Seattle, WA area mind letting have some time on your Axe-Fx 2?

selta

Power User
Hey everyone,
I'm new to this forum - at least, officially. I've been coming here off and on for awhile now. I've been looking to get my hands on an Axe-Fx 2 lately, and really hope to have one in my hands for a huge production my band is putting on. I could ramble on about this, but, to put simply, my band performs in theatres, in front of hundred of people at a time performing a "Heavy Metal Opera". Think along the lines of Blind Guardian, some Iced Earth, Ayreon and so on, but taken to the next level. We have live performances from knights in (real) armor with (real) swords, fire dancers, actors, and of course the band. We're already "amp free" on stage (have been about 4 years now!).
At this point though, as much as I want to take the plunge into an Axe-Fx 2, I need to convince myself more that I "need" it as much as I want it. Presently, I play EBMM Bongo basses into a SansAmp RPM pre, which gets to FOH, and back to me via IEMs. Though very rare, for gigs where I need on stage cabs, I use a QSC power amp and a pair of Ampeg 2x10 cabs (for now).
I'm really looking to dial in some tones I hear in my head. I could go all out and build out a pedal board, work through various amps and so forth. But, I can't run tube amps without a load, and I'd rather have as much of this as possible in a rack unit. Enter the Axe-Fx 2.
What I'm hoping for is someone in the Seattle, WA area who will talk with me and let me noodle around on their Axe-Fx 2 a bit, so I may get a feel for it and make sure it's for me. It'd be even better if you have the MFC101, as I have a vision of using the scenes for different songs or parts of songs, so some sort of pedal controller to toggle those would be best. But, at heart, I need to see/hear the FX 2 in person more than the pedal (I can/have looked up what the pedal board does, and it will do what I think I want).

Is anyone willing to give me a hand with that? :) I'd very much appreciate it!

I apologize if this is in the incorrect forum.

I think we could work something out. I'll send you a PM.

BTW, is the knights/fire dancers group you're talking about called "Ignition?" If so, I know a bunch of them. I was a sword/armor maker at one time.

Hey Womac.
I just sent you a PM as well. Thank you for that!

We have some performers from Ignition (that do the fire spinning). We also have some from other fire troupes. The knights that perform with us are the Seattle Knights. Being an smithy, you likely heard of us as well.

If anyone is curious, my band's website: Ara'Kus Productions - Heavy Metal Opera. We're actually looking for a new lead guitarist right now, with auditions starting tonight. I might post up on here if the ones we have coming tonight don't blow us away... would that go in Off Topic?

-Ray

Hey Womac.
I just sent you a PM as well. Thank you for that!

We have some performers from Ignition (that do the fire spinning). We also have some from other fire troupes. The knights that perform with us are the Seattle Knights. Being an smithy, you likely heard of us as well.

If anyone is curious, my band's website: Ara'Kus Productions - Heavy Metal Opera. We're actually looking for a new lead guitarist right now, with auditions starting tonight. I might post up on here if the ones we have coming tonight don't blow us away... would that go in Off Topic?

-Ray

Yep, I know some of the Seattle Knights too. I used to work with a guy named Jess Roe, the local sword maker, and the oldest in the country I'm sure. He passed away @90 just after the film below was shot at Radcon 2013. Hard loss for a lot of people. :cry Starting at 43:00 is his last "duel" with a friend -- he was too feeble to stand, really, but he tried.

Got your message. See you later!

Yeah. I still miss his booth at all of the cons. I never got to know him very well, as I only moved out here 5 years ago, and started getting looped into the cons/fire/knights scene about 3 years ago.

Yeah. I still miss his booth at all of the cons. I never got to know him very well, as I only moved out here 5 years ago, and started getting looped into the cons/fire/knights scene about 3 years ago.

iiiiinteresting. I'd be surprised if we hadn't run into each other! Jess was quite a character! The ladies swooned over him!

Back
Top Bottom