Anyone in the boston area own one of these RCF wedges?

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
I really want to experience one in person before I shell out that kind of money for something only to take a loss on it when I go to sell it if
"it doesn't do it for me".

Anyone in the Boston area have one that I can check out?

Hey Kmanick,
The guitar players from two local bands are gigging with the RCF (and the Axe 2). Jim from 'Fighting Friday', and Dave from 'Never In Vegas'.
Both of these bands gig in and around Boston. May be worthwhile to swing by and give their RCF a listen. (obviously gigs can be found on their websites)
Both of these guys are nasty players and have killer tone.
I gig with the FBT Verve at the moment....if you wanted to check that out, you're more than welcome to take mine for a test drive.

I may grab an RCF soon, if I do...then you'd be welcome to check it out.
Was just trying to get my ears on the new Matrix, XiTone and Atomic CLR before making the plunge with the RCF.....but not sure when that may happen....so RCF is faintly calling my name.

Hey Kmanick,
The guitar players from two local bands are gigging with the RCF (and the Axe 2). Jim from 'Fighting Friday', and Dave from 'Never In Vegas'.
Both of these bands gig in and around Boston. May be worthwhile to swing by and give their RCF a listen. (obviously gigs can be found on their websites)
Both of these guys are nasty players and have killer tone.
I gig with the FBT Verve at the moment....if you wanted to check that out, you're more than welcome to take mine for a test drive.

I may grab an RCF soon, if I do...then you'd be welcome to check it out.
Was just trying to get my ears on the new Matrix, XiTone and Atomic CLR before making the plunge with the RCF.....but not sure when that may happen....so RCF is faintly calling my name.

thanks I will look them up , gig levels are one thing home practice are another though, I would still like to try one at lower volume levels and see how it "feels" and 'reacts" as compared to a guitar cab.

I bought a pair of these based on the general sentiment of folks on this forum. It was a leap of faith, as it's difficult to get an opportunity to audition them. I received them about two weeks ago, and in the words of Billy Crystal: "They are Mahvelous". I was a bit concerned when they first arrived because they seemed a bit too boomy, but a quick check on the forum set me straight - there's a switch for floor placement or placement on a pole and I had it in the wrong position. In short, I have been extremely pleased and play them nightly at home levels. No problems at all.

There was a separate thread about using the Axe-FX II EQ's (global is probably easiest) to compensate for the Fletcher/Munson effect (perceived loss of bass/treble at very low volumes), and the gent was kind enough to post the settings he used when playing very quietly. This is great info to have, but thus far I haven't used it (except on the iTunes EQ when playing music at very low levels), and I still have no issues with the RCF's.

Take the plunge - the water's fine!

Pete

thanks I will look them up , gig levels are one thing home practice are another though, I would still like to try one at lower volume levels and see how it "feels" and 'reacts" as compared to a guitar cab.

Understood.
Well if I get one (or borrow one), I'll PM you.

Back
Top Bottom