Anyone in Seoul South Korea with an AX8 I can borrow for 2 days?

Larry Mitchell

Power User
Hi hello,

Fractal family. I am headed to Seoul Korea Landing Monday April 22nd Doing a Video Tuesday the 23rd and an in store performance at Music Force for Knaggs guitars on Wednesday 24th I am wondering if theres any one there with an AX8 that I can use for those two days. Just thought id put it out there. :)

Thank you very much
Larry

Hi hello,

Fractal family. I am headed to Seoul Korea Landing Monday April 22nd Doing a Video Tuesday the 23rd and an in store performance at Music Force for Knaggs guitars on Wednesday 24th I am wondering if theres any one there with an AX8 that I can use for those two days. Just thought id put it out there. :)

Thank you very much
Larry
Sorry Larry ,,hope you find one ,
Sounds like you`re staying busy,,,

Hi Larry,

I live in Seoul. Unfortunately, I am not packing an AX8.

I could lend you a rack unit (Axe-Fx II XL+) if that would help but I suspect it might be more of a hassle for you as I have a highly customized/convoluted non-FAS MIDI controller setup so you'd still probably want to find a FAS MFC to use with it - in which case you may as well just find an AX8.

It might be worth asking your contact at Music Force to help if you specifically need an AX8. They'll have more reach in the Korean musician community and I'm certain there are more than a few units around - imported units pop up 2nd hand here from time to time. Last I heard there is no official distributor in Korea...I just went onto a local instrument trading site to see if there were any ax8s around and an ad for your clinic/show popped up under an AX8 for sale ad - see attached pic!

FWIW, I've flown with my rack gear here and there before and as long as it's a 2-unit case I can usually carry it on. I imagine the same would go for an AX8 in a laptop bag. Have a great time in Seoul and feel free to reach out if there's anything I can help you with while you're here.

Cheers,
Luke

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-18 14.36.09.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-18 14.36.09.png
    564.6 KB · Views: 37
Hi Vaultnaemsae,

Thank you for writing back. And for your offer to let me use you rack unit. My axe Fx 2 is not currently up to date with my patches and my ax3 is setup purely for studio use right now. I’ve been rocking my AX 8 live now since right before they came out. It’s perfect for my live show. I do usually fly with my ax8 and one guitar with a gig bag. But sometimes flying internationally things can get a little tricky. mainly because of the guitar. I just thought I’d ask, I had a wonderful experience going to Russia a few years ago with just a guitar in a gig bag and I had the promoter rent a local fractal users Axe Fx 2 and Mfc 101. I got there and it was all loaded up with my sounds and it was basically my rig. The last few years traveling to Germany G66 has graciously let me an AX8 and it’s been awesome traveling like that. I hate checking my gear. I have had lots of clothes bags, Mfc 101. my rig or at least part of it Guitars go missing for a few days when traveling. So I try to get on board with at least one guitar and That way I can still do the show if something goes wrong. :0). The AX8 fits nicely in a laptop computer case. But that still makes it the gig bag and the laptop case. It’s been better on international flights for my if I’m just carrying a gig bag. First world problems. If your free during the clinic please stop by and say hello. It’s Always good meet fellow fractal users.

Thought I’d check to see if anyone here has one. I believe the fractal distributor there is out of stock right now.

Hi fractal family. I just want to say again how cool is this community? I travel a lot and the ax8 is onrpe of the easiest rigs to travel with but sometimes traveling in and out of some countries with grip ear can make things a bit ah interesting. I have reached out maybe 4-5 times here in the community and ALWAYS and blown away but the love and support I’ve received. Forum member Honeypat here came to my hotel at 6:s morning with his AX8 and Ev-2 with my presets, cab and system loaded and it’s like I have m y rig with me. When I was texting things out this morning I went live on Facebook and then YouTube.

Thank you again to everyone here for suggestions, alternate help and just being here.

Back
Top Bottom