Anyone in Phoenix with Atomic powered wedges?

Jiffzillla

Experienced
I've had my Ultra for almost three years now and have been using a Carvin TS100 power amp with two 4x12 cabs. I'm thinking about going FRFR, and just wanted to see if there's anyone in the Phoenix area who has one (or a pair) of the Atomic powered wedges that I might be able to check out. Thanks!

I live in Mesa and have 2 QSC K12's and they sound awesome if you would like to check them out! I was going to get the Atomic powered wedges but from what everyone was saying about how they weren't loud enough changed my mind. I am also glad that I don't have to worry about tubes anymore.

Last edited:
Not loud enough. Couldn't disagree more. My Reactors are more than loud enough to keep up with the band with plenty to spare. BTW I play in a cover band with two guitars and keys on top of the bass and drums. No problems at all.

Well I never heard one in person so I am just going by what most peoples opinions of them are. Plus the idea of having tubes to replace didn't appeal to me at all. I also got the assumption that they were kind of cheap looking and not very roadworthy.

Thanks for the offer, Brett. I've had a chance to check out a few different QSC powered monitors at GC in Scottsdale. I liked what I heard, which is why I was looking at the Atomic Reactors. Just feel a little better knowing that they were designed with the Axe-Fx in mind. I have read that they are not loud enough for some users too, and coming from using 2 4x12 cabs, I'm sure that there will be a significant drop in volume. Even if I got two Reactors, that's losing six speakers. But to be honest, while that volume can be fun, (you can vaporize small animals at 100 yards) I don't NEED that much volume. Nobody really NEEDS that much volume. LOL What I'm really trying to do is simplify my patch writing process. As it stands now, I have to write a patch for recording purposes and a patch for playing through the cabs. Kind of a PITA. Just trying to streamline a little bit.

Not to but in, but the Atomics were not made with the Axe in mind. Not saying they are bad just saying they were two companies that sort of united. The Atomic was being used years ago with the Pod and Tonelab. Just saying.

Ed

Not to but in, but the Atomics were not made with the Axe in mind. Not saying they are bad just saying they were two companies that sort of united. The Atomic was being used years ago with the Pod and Tonelab. Just saying.

Ed

I knew they'd been around for a while catering to Line6 users and Tonelab users. For some reason, I thought I remembered this current crop of Atomic Reactor series amps and cabs being designed primarily around the Axe-Fx as Tom and Cliff had entered into a kind of partnership (or at least a heavy weight tag-team duo). I could be mistaken though. Wouldn't be the first time. :)

Back
Top Bottom