Anyone having issues with using their AxeII as an interface for ProTools 11?

Poparad

Power User
I've used my Axe as an interface for ProTools 10 for a while now, and it's worked great (even better than my actual interface). Enough of my plugins have updated to AAX that I'm starting to switch over to PT11, but when I try to use the Axe as an interface, I'm running into problems. Depending on how I have the USB streaming and buffer size set, either PT immediately says "ASIO Settings have changed. PT needs to restart," or it will load, but everything is super slow (everything, including opening files, closing them, etc), and when I try to start playback, I get an error that all my CPU is used up. I still have PT10 on my computer, I don't have these issues with it.

Edit: I just finally found a configuration that seems to work: I had to set the USB streaming to "Always On," the mode to "Standard," and I had to set the buffer size to the smallest PT will allow: 512.

I use PT 10 with my Axe II. I haven't had too many problems with it other than being locked into 48k. Not a real hassel since 48k is better anyway. But if I want to open up old sessions from when I used my Mackie 820i mixer I have to switch back to it because my older demos are in 441. It can be done no problem but i hate having to switch between the two.

Back
Top Bottom