Anyone having issues with 6.00 and Liquid Foot Junior?

TeeJay2000

Loving the update, particularly some of the new amp parameters like Fat and Saturation, however i am experiencing some bizarre switching behaviour on my LF Jr..
Pressing a switch doesn't always change presets, sometimes it takes 2 presses, sometimes, the display toggles through multiple random presets before stopping at a seemingly arbitrary preset...

I can't seem to replicate the exact same switching behaviour each time, in that it's different every time, bit of a "lucky dip" as to where you'll end up... :?

Anyone else experienced any odd behaviour?

Cheers, T

Edit: Tried new Midi Cable... same issue.

Last edited:
Well, there is a bit of extra messaging aimed directly at the MFC-101... it could be messing with the LF.

They might need to update the firmware.

Im having the same problem but with earlier firmwear I haven't updated yet. I thought it was my midi cable as well.

CRAP! I was just about to install it. Well, I guess that puts the kibosh on updating before my 5/5 gig unless Jeff gets a new firmware soon.

And why does extra data sent for the MFC101 affect it? Shouldn't the fact that almost all LF users have it set to SYSEX = Tuner Only means no extra data is sent? Why would it send anything else there?

CRAP! I was just about to install it. Well, I guess that puts the kibosh on updating before my 5/5 gig unless Jeff gets a new firmware soon.

And why does extra data sent for the MFC101 affect it? Shouldn't the fact that almost all LF users have it set to SYSEX = Tuner Only means no extra data is sent? Why would it send anything else there?

I agree. It seems like the data transmission would almost completely be LF->Axe, leaning to some extraneous info LF sends, which never got caught in the old Axe firmware. Anyway, I've got him looking into it via the FAMC support ticket, so we'll see.

Takes the fun out of trying the new firmware when I have to use the knob to change presets and effects, though...

Just emailed support #70. I don't know if its the update since mine has been doing this for the last few days and I haven't updated to 6 yet

So, I think I want to load 6, but I'm a little gun shy now.

Can one back out firmware to an older version if it turns out I have trouble with my LF Jr?

Thanks!

For me it's 3.1 on the axe 2.07 lfj. Funny thing is it was fine for a long time. Just started doing this a few days ago. I haven't updated the axe because I'm having trouble with the USB with my computer so it's not the firmwear IMO. I have the same symptoms without the upgrade weird.

Well, I'm still on 5.07 & it works fine, none of these issues. I'm wanting to upgrade to 6.0, but I can't afford to if it won't work with my Jr less than 2wks away from a gig.

autoload and direct control is not working here, but that is to be expected when the MIDI protocol has changed. FAMC is working on new firmware now from what I understand.

Back
Top Bottom