Anyone having issues still with Axe edit III version 1.00.07 with block library?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I still am having some issues. It works sometimes and not others? Also the load/link section seems to be screwy. Just me or others experiencing this? Running Firmware 2.02 and Edit 1.00.07. Both the latest.

I still am having some issues. It works sometimes and not others? Also the load/link section seems to be screwy. Just me or others experiencing this? Running Firmware 2.02 and Edit 1.00.07. Both the latest.
Block library or Global blocks?

Load and link has nothing to do with the Block Library.

He means block library in Axe Edit and loading saved files from there...my drive block "block library" saved files dont work either.
the files are in the folder, axe edit sees them but when i change/load files it doesnt allways work as intended. sometimes it just resets the block.

He means block library in Axe Edit and loading saved files from there...my drive block "block library" saved files dont work either.
the files are in the folder, axe edit sees them but when i change/load files it doesnt allways work as intended. sometimes it just resets the block.
Then why did he mention Load and Link?

When I upgraded to the new version of Axe-Edit, loading blocks would not work. I then exited out of Axe-Edit completely, and launched it again. Recalling blocks started working. I'm on OSX. I have not tried anything with linking/loading yet though.

maybe he means both, definately some other users have similar issues with block library. i didnt mess with global blocks any yet.
So now you understand why I posted what I did? His post is not clear and I'm trying to figure out the details... ;)

If I save an amp block in block library as EVH and then link it globally to global 1. I should be able to call up that block elsewhere and then if I link that to other patch anything I change (say level) would also change elsewhere. This doesn't happen on many blocks. Also the block library should call up 5150 III red for EVH. Some patches it does and some it doesn't.

If I save an amp block in block library as EVH and then link it globally to global 1. I should be able to call up that block elsewhere and then if I link that to other patch anything I change (say level) would also change elsewhere. This doesn't happen on many blocks. Also the block library should call up 5150 III red for EVH. Some patches it does and some it doesn't.

I just want to make sure you are thinking the two things are related. You can't link a block from the library to a global block.

The block library is for saving/importing blocks from your computer.

Global blocks are only within presets.

So, if you load a block into a preset from the block library and then link it as a global block, then you change the block in the preset and save it, the only thing that would change are the other presets where that global block is also used. No change is made to the block in the library.

I may be not understanding your post, or maybe not... Just trying to make sure.

I just want to make sure you are thinking the two things are related. You can't link a block from the library to a global block.

The block library is for saving/importing blocks from your computer.

Global blocks are only within presets.

So, if you load a block into a preset from the block library and then link it as a global block, then you change the block in the preset and save it, the only thing that would change are the other presets where that global block is also used. No change is made to the block in the library.

I may be not understanding your post, or maybe not... Just trying to make sure.
No I understand that it doesn't change the block library. But the block library should be recallable on any preset if saved properly. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Say one patch I call up EVH and it assigns the correct amp (5150 III). In another I'll do the same and it calls up a completely different amp. I've saved it properly to. Some patches it works as intended. Others not.

Something is off with Axe edit. No other explaination I can discern.

When I upgraded to the new version of Axe-Edit, loading blocks would not work. I then exited out of Axe-Edit completely, and launched it again. Recalling blocks started working. I'm on OSX. I have not tried anything with linking/loading yet though.
Mine did at first too. Thought new Axe edit fixed things. Send it did some what but not completely. I always try turning things off first but that did nothing to resolve issues.

It works for me here (Windows 7), I tried various blocks and (again for me :) ) the update fixed the block libray problem.
No global blocks involved however.

No I understand that it doesn't change the block library. But the block library should be recallable on any preset if saved properly. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Say one patch I call up EVH and it assigns the correct amp (5150 III). In another I'll do the same and it calls up a completely different amp. I've saved it properly to. Some patches it works as intended. Others not.

Something is off with Axe edit. No other explaination I can discern.
Ok, good.

One thing to note with the block library is that all channels of the block are saved. Are you sure you've got the right channel selected after you load it?

This bit me a few times on the Axe Fx II with X/Y.

Ok, good.

One thing to note with the block library is that all channels of the block are saved. Are you sure you've got the right channel selected after you load it?

This bit me a few times on the Axe Fx II with X/Y.
Yes I thought of that too and that was not it. I used briefly this morning and could not repeat the problem. If it happens again I will video it and show you all. Thanks for responses!

Yes I thought of that too and that was not it. I used briefly this morning and could not repeat the problem. If it happens again I will video it and show you all. Thanks for responses!
I'm away from my gear for another week, otherwise I would try to test these out.

Since there were no global blocks initially with the Axe Fx III, I haven't started using them yet. I will soon, so I want them to work.

The block library I like to use when I'm just messing around and come up with something that doesn't really warrant saving a separate preset, but I have not used too much yet on the III and not at all recently.

Back
Top Bottom