Anyone have success with the Stylus pick?

I had one when they 1st came out, I don't think I understood it enough being such a beginner. I'm thinking I might pick up another and work with it again

Seems to work for a lot of musicians, but personally I don't want anyone telling me what to wear.. (sorry just a little joke with your typo, there's a big difference between a stylus and a stylist ;)

Back on topic, anyone here experimenting with the 'downward pick-slanting' technique discussed in the Cracking the Code videos? Been working on that here and my alternate picking is definitely improving.

I have a few of the Cracking The Code exercises that I do strictly with the Yngwie rules. It has helped my speed & clarity. Still feels odd to me being an economy picker. I am going to try the Stylus pick & the Cracking the Code.... What could go wrong....!!!! Total Technique Failure -- AKA TTF

Slightly off topic... But I would totally buy one of the "Magnet" camera mounts that Troy has going on KickStarter. I would geek out all over that thing...

it works if you need it. i bought one and found my technique in those areas was already fine and saw zero improvement.

I used one 20 some odd years ago and then just recently. Its a great tool, takes some time getting used to, but definitely effective. But I don't know if it's a such a dramatic of a shortcut for me. I've found if you put the time into practicing with a regular pick, you should see similar results. I believe you can get them through Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom