Anyone have issues with bypass blocks not working [solved]

jzucker

Experienced
Added a wah block and can't get it to enter bypass mode. When I click on bypass mode, nothing happens. Sometimes you will see the bypass highlight on the front panel but it doesn't "stick".

At first I thought it might be due to cpu utilization which was up around 85% but I deleted almost every block and the bug is repeatable with 56% cpu utilization.

Video demonstrates the bug from the top panel but fm3-edit has the same behavior.

Firmware version 5.01

There's probably a modifier assigned to the wah's control parameter with autoengage enabled. In the modifier settings you can try a speed (SPD) autoengage type or enable PC Reset if you need to bypass the block from the hardware/editor for some reason while the source is in the "on" zone.

There's probably a modifier assigned to the wah's control parameter with autoengage enabled. In the modifier settings you can try a speed (SPD) autoengage type or enable PC Reset if you need to bypass the block from the hardware/editor for some reason while the source is in the "on" zone.

thanks. I couldn't find the SPD or enable PC reset but I deleted the block and added it again and it will bypass. Are there details for learning what went wrong with this edit?

Auto-engage and PC Reset are parameters in the modifier settings. SPD is one of the auto-engage styles. You probably don't want to use auto-engage with envelope follower as control source.

Back
Top Bottom