Anyone have experience with the Axe FX II Tuner + Buzz Feiten

Sean Ashe

Power User
Anyone use a buzz feiten tuning system equipped guitar with the axe fx?

I'm curious, because I just ordered my Tom Anderson Guitarworks (w/ buzz feiten) and Tom offers tuning offsets. I know you can program offsets per string in the axe but if anyone would like to offer their experience it's much appreciated :)

I'll probably just get a turbo tuner which is what those guys recommend, but if the axe can track the transients and etc just as good, then I'll be down for that too :)

I've got 3 Andy's with BFT and use the AxeII offset settings to tune them with no problems at all. I have compared it to my Peterson Strobostomp with the offset tunings and they are pretty much identical. You should have no worries.

I'm a Buzz Feiten retrofitter.

Once done,.... tune the guitar normally ....with any tuner or by ear.

Thanks guys!!! Good to hear that i wont have to pick up another tuner to make things work. So excited to get my TA :) I used my friends at Axe Fest and it was easily the best tone ive ever had.

period.

Cool info, I just set the offsets for my axe fx2 and tuned my FR BFS guitar, works great! All along I've just been tuning it without the offsets.

I use it with the offsets and it works fine. By the way my TA 7 droptop is my favorite guitar-what are you getting Sean?

I use it with the offsets and it works fine. By the way my TA 7 droptop is my favorite guitar-what are you getting Sean?

I ordered a DropTop 6. Koa Top, Basswood Body, and Chocolate Maple neck. HSH w/ my own wiring config. Going to be a special guitar for several reasons, but can't say much about it specifics :) All shall be revealed around NAMM time \m/

Cool info, I just set the offsets for my axe fx2 and tuned my FR BFS guitar, works great! All along I've just been tuning it without the offsets.

No, .....unless this is something new.

The Korg BFT offsets are for intonation purposes.

With any other tuner besides the Korg BFT tuner, you'd have to intonate the offsets by the required amount carefully. This means applying the offset (cents) by visually intonating with the tuner the deviations. It not too hard but not too easy either!

The Korg BFT Tuner has the offsets stored so for example....instead of intonating the G string slightly (offset) sharp with a normal tuner, with the Korg you'd just intonate the G string using the normal intonation procedures. ....ie...12fret

After intonating all the strings, you would now tune up all the strings normally.

With the properly installed Buzz Feiten Tuning system ....I never found myself having to apply normal tuning "offsets" to the guitar.

No, .....unless this is something new.

The Korg BFT offsets are for intonation purposes.

With any other tuner besides the Korg BFT tuner, you'd have to intonate the offsets by the required amount carefully. This means applying the offset (cents) by visually intonating with the tuner the deviations. It not too hard but not too easy either!

The Korg BFT Tuner has the offsets stored so for example....instead of intonating the G string slightly (offset) sharp with a normal tuner, with the Korg you'd just intonate the G string using the normal intonation procedures. ....ie...12fret

After intonating all the strings, you would now tune up all the strings normally.

With the properly installed Buzz Feiten Tuning system ....I never found myself having to apply normal tuning "offsets" to the guitar.

when I am going to set intonation I program the intonation off sets into the ii. Peterson has presets for both intonation and tuning. As I said above a know a few guys who do what you do and tune normal and they all say it works well that way too

when I am going to set intonation I program the intonation off sets into the ii. Peterson has presets for both intonation and tuning. As I said above a know a few guys who do what you do and tune normal and they all say it works well that way too

You may be right if these regular tuning offsets compensate for this:

If you use a tuner other than the Korg DT-7, you can simply tune to all "E's" i.e.

1st E Open
2nd B 5th fret
3rd G 9th fret
4th D 14th fret
5th A 7th fret
6th E Open, 5th fret Harmonic

You can also use this method to tune by ear, using the Open E string (1st) as your reference string.

Granted you can fill several books on the subject "Tempered Tuning" alone ...

I'm having great success tuning normal.

Back
Top Bottom