Anyone have any patches for a Rhodes/Elec Piano ?

lqdsnddist

Axe-Master
I recently got a used Korg SV1 for cheap because the tube/amp modeling part of it wasn’t working. Replaced the 12ax7 myself and now it works, but as this is a keyboard from around 2010, the amp modeling frankly sucks. The other effects aren’t the best either...

Has a fantastic 88 key weighted action though and it’s Wurli and Rhodes sounds still stand up against darn near anything.

I think I’ll just keep all it’s effects bypassed and run it thru my Axe for amp sims, phaser, reverb etc. no doubt will sound worlds better, but.... while i have effects patches set up for my sis the, I don’t have anything dialed in for a guitar amp....

seems like most old Rhodes were played through Fender style amps, so naturally that is where I’ll start, but dialing in a tine/reed based EP certainly needs some different tweaks than a guitar?

as such, anyone have any patches or tips they can share with regards to stuff that sounds good playing an EP through?

Just a hint of delay and a little reverb will help a lot.
This. Delay and Reverb are the two meat-and-potatoes effects. Anything beyond that is down to personal taste. If you listen to most Rhodes recordings, they don’t deviate far from what the Rhodes puts out by itself.

Maybe try a parallel chain with a clean side, and then another side going to a tweed to mix in a hint of grit. You might try to pick a dirty clean amp that can sound good without a cab at all, because I think a speaker sim might fart out on anything lower than a middle register.

This. Delay and Reverb are the two meat-and-potatoes effects. Anything beyond that is down to personal taste. If you listen to most Rhodes recordings, they don’t deviate far from what the Rhodes puts out by itself.

Yup...This exactly........I played in a trio with 2, yes 2 guys playing rhodes pianos (yes way back when) One played bass lines on a Kawai synth and , wait for it-Mini Moog-iirc.............Mainly in and around the town of Bedrock ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom