Anyone have any good Diezel VH4 presets?

firmani99

Inspired
I want to like this amp. I keep hearing so many great things about it but I can't get it to sound good. Every time I try I get a fizzy mess. Any ideas?

Do your other presets with other amp models sound good? Is it just Dizzy that sounds fizzy? :) Did you try other IRs? Did you do the cuts in the cab block? Did you find the master volume sweet spot, maybe reduced drive a bit and/or reduced Input trim level? Did you put the Tube screamer in front?

Maybe you should try our Diezel cabs. There are 2 different Diezel cabs in our free teaser pack. One is with K100s, and one with V30s.

Yek, do you mean your amp guide? i didn't see any Tool settings in there. Can you point me in the right direction. Thanks guys for all of the help.

Offer the guy some real help, instead of trying to promote and sell your products. o_O
IMHO most cabs don't work with the Diezel. They are like Engl cabs built to suit with their amps. What's the problem? The Teaser pack is for free and the cab makes 70 % of the sound, IMHo.
This amp is so special that there isn't a "safe" formular or preset. All you can do is try cabs that make it work. Forget eq-ing. or drive pedals. Those amps have enough gain and a unique character.

Really? I find the VH4 to be on the darker side. I like using the Silver model on the 4th channel. I leave everything at noon, except for the MV. I keep that between 2 and 3. For cabs, it's Mesa V30 from OwnHammer's HHC.

Same here, i almost leave everything at default just a few minor tweaks.
The amp is surely more on the dark side but with the right IR it slays!

By the way, i was very unsatisfied with my AXE FX II lately, i was looking for a sound that seemed to exist only in my head and i could not find it.

I blamed it one the AXE, on me on IR's and everythng else you can imagine.

Today at work i had the an extreme urge to try the VH4 Amp as i always thought that it sounded way too
bottom heavy but seing your post the night before made me corious because i never thought that it sounded bright or fizzy and i actually wanted it to sound like that, kind of.

When i got home i powered up the AXE FX and tried a few IR's from Valhallir, they sounded pretty nice but then i remembered that i made an IR mix from the free Valhallir teaser pack a few days ago, which i thought sounded no so good and way too bright.

I thought, a dark sounding amp and a brigt IR could work together, so i loaded up the IR and
i could not believe my ears, the sound i was always loking for, just there coming out of my headphones. The Headphones are pretty good but i am not sure how the preset will sound on my studio speakers, hopefully there will be not a big difference as this is really the sound i have been trying to dial in since i got the AXE FX II a few years ago.

Maybe you should try our Diezel cabs. There are 2 different Diezel cabs in our free teaser pack. One is with K100s, and one with V30s.

Absolutely agree, i've only tried the Free Teaser Pack and the Wolverine cab but these are by far the best IR's one can buy at this moment!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do your other presets with other amp models sound good? Is it just Dizzy that sounds fizzy? :) Did you try other IRs? Did you do the cuts in the cab block? Did you find the master volume sweet spot, maybe reduced drive a bit and/or reduced Input trim level? Did you put the Tube screamer in front?
Hi. What cuts in the amp block ? Could you elaborate ? Please ?

Hi. What cuts in the amp block ? Could you elaborate ? Please ?

Hi, jahecare. I wrote "the cuts in the CAB block". I tend to set generally the low cut at 85 Hz and high cut at 8500 Hz. Any high gain amp sounds probably fizzy if you leave the cab block on default. That was the problem in the OP almost a year ago. That's why I was interested in comparison with other amp models. I must admit that my love for Dizzy changes with the FW though. I was able to find the sweet spot in between but lost it with the recent updates. It didn't bother me much cause I've found another favourite amp, so I didn't mess with the Dizzy that much any more.

Back
Top Bottom