Anyone have an All Access?

danielodland

Inspired
Hi guys, sorry if this is too much of a noob question, but it's really eating me up.

I don't wanna move all the presets I want to use into the first bank on the AXE, I want to be able to reach whichever axepreset I want. However, I can't make that happen with the all access. Does someone have both these units? If so, can you please just walk me through it? I know that I need to send CC#0 with a value of 0,1 or 2 (representing banks A, B and C). Am I right so far? The problem is, even though I program each allaccess preset to go to one patch in a specific bank, it just won't work. Sure, it goes to bank 3 if I tell it to, but now all the other presets operate in that bank too...

I don't know if this makes sense, also my grammar is a bit norwenglish I guess, but please just walk me through it step by step?

I've searched both forums, checked the Wiki and emailed Marty at tech support. He's done what he can, but I would like to hear from someone with first hand All Access experience, or at least someone who knows the procedure.

Thanks for any contributions =)

I don't know if this makes sense, but could someone please just walk me through this?

I believe you have to use a custom sysex command. You can download a sysex midi calculator from axess electronics

Ok, thanks. I tried programming a sysex string into my preset #1 on the all access. The string was, according to the calculator, b0 00 02 (it's supposed to switch to bank C). The data I fed to the calc was Channel 1, Controller 0 and Value 2. This should be right, right?

First of all, I can't type the "b" in the string on my all access...I tried without it, and nothing happened when I pressed the switch.

I can program Control Changes on the unit, it's pretty easy. In the "Custom" menu I just type in the same info as above...ch1, cc 0 and v2. That's supposed to be it, but even though I do this for every preset I wanna use, it doesn't seem to work. I have the AXE set to respond to midichannel 1, and it's the only midi device Ive go hooked up. I don't understand why it's acting so unstable. And, of course, Rocktron is blaming Fractal when I email them, and Marty at Fractal has assured me that there's nothing wrong with my AXE. So I guess I'd better get rid of what's supposed to be the worlds most respected midicontroller and get Fractal's own controller...I'm on the list. However, I need a controller today and mine isn't working..

Any more comments?`Anyone have one?

danielodland said:
Ok, thanks. I tried programming a sysex string into my preset #1 on the all access. The string was, according to the calculator, b0 00 02 (it's supposed to switch to bank C). The data I fed to the calc was Channel 1, Controller 0 and Value 2. This should be right, right?

First of all, I can't type the "b" in the string on my all access...I tried without it, and nothing happened when I pressed the switch.

I can program Control Changes on the unit, it's pretty easy. In the "Custom" menu I just type in the same info as above...ch1, cc 0 and v2. That's supposed to be it, but even though I do this for every preset I wanna use, it doesn't seem to work. I have the AXE set to respond to midichannel 1, and it's the only midi device Ive go hooked up. I don't understand why it's acting so unstable. And, of course, Rocktron is blaming Fractal when I email them, and Marty at Fractal has assured me that there's nothing wrong with my AXE. So I guess I'd better get rid of what's supposed to be the worlds most respected midicontroller and get Fractal's own controller...I'm on the list. However, I need a controller today and mine isn't working..

Any more comments?`Anyone have one?

I think you need to program not only the bank change, but also the patch change in the string. Some one w/ the Access can probably answer that. I know a couple of people are doing it. They probably are not here yet. I'm not sure how to get the proper string in there. I think it is laid out in the all access manual.

Hi Daniel,

I have never tried to do a bank change on the All Access.
I never use more than 128 presets, so it has never been a problem for me. In fact, I may use a total of 6 presets tops.

I just put all of my patches in bank A that way I don't have to worry about accessing the higher banks. You can always load the preset banks into B & C for playing around with them making sure you saved the ones you want to use in Bank A where you have easy access to them. If you require more than 128 presets then you could try the steps below to see if you have any luck.
Following godprobe's suggestions about bank switching http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/index. ... ank_Select, I attempted this with my All Access LTD using Switches #13, #14, and #15 as I had decided to bank only by 5.

My AA Sws, #6 - #10 are used for Axe-Fx External Inputs. However, as long as you have 3 spare IA or CC switches, this will work also.

After selecting the midi programming function on the All Access, I had to do the following to make Sw #15 the Axe-Fx Bank C switch, Sw #14 the Bank B switch, and Sw #13 the Bank A switch:

AA Midi Page #2 - Make Sw #13, #14 and #15 Control Number (CN) 0

AA Midi Page #3 - Make Sw #13 On-0, Off-Off; Sw #14 On-1 Off-Off; Sw #15 On-2, Off-Off

AA Midi Page #4 - Make Sw #13, #14 and #15 Latch.

My apologies to the experienced for these rudimentary instructions, but it took a little trial and error to make this work for me, so I thought I'd pass it on.

I guess it's also worth noting that this approach allows a midi controller to access the Axe-Fx banks B and C rather than relocating all presets to Axe-Fx Bank A for selection.

Mike
I didn't write this so I have no idea if it works or not.

I got this from the old forum via the following link.
http://www.setbb.com/axefx/viewtopic.ph ... orum=axefx

Cheers,
Dan

Ok thanks a lot! 'll be trying that after work today. Btw, I don't need more than 128 presets. I just don't wanna delete any, as I want the whole palette. But you know what, I could probably just settle for moving the banks A and B to the B and C slots, leaving bank A for user presets. Then I'd just copy whichever preset I needed right? Is that what you do?

Thanks!

So I tried again programming bank changes into each preset. What happens now is this:

I've programmed Switch1 to change to program 1 and bank 1. I've programmed Switch2 to change to program 2 and bank 2, and I've programmed Switch 3 to go to program 3 and bank 3.
What happens is I press Switch 1, and it does what it should. I press Switch 2 and it's good. Switch 3 is good, but when I try stepping back to switch 2 (from Switch 3), it stays in bank 3. Even though Switch 2 is programmed to change to bank2 whenever it's stepped on. Any thoughts on this? I don't understand the problem. AXE is set to respond to midichannel1...

danielodland said:
But you know what, I could probably just settle for moving the banks A and B to the B and C slots, leaving bank A for user presets. Then I'd just copy whichever preset I needed right? Is that what you do?
That's how I do it and it has never been a problem.

Might save you a lot of headaches in trying to deal with bank changes.

Cheers,
Dan

Yea...then I'll have to move banks A and B to slots B and C, leaving Bank A empty. As I understand, this cannot be done without using a PC, which I can't at the moment.

Once I figure this thing out I'm going to create an All Access for Dummies book. I'll make million...or atleast enough for a beer. :D

Back
Top Bottom