Anyone have a tip to stop my Mosky Stand in switch from switching to tuner after tap tempoing?

Lefty0one

Hi all. Thought I would tap the vast troubleshooting skills of this FM3 forum to get me squared away with a problem I'm having. I was sure I could get this Mosky dual switch to work as 2 tap functions and 2 hold functions but I'm not having success with getting even one tap/hold to work as it should. I'm at a loss after 4 hours of button pushing, testing, changing settings, testing.

I set up a stand-in switch for tapping tempo and hold tuner and it does both of those things but it also switches on the tuner after I stop tapping out a tempo.

I'm plugged into Pedal 2 and Ive set it up with the FM3 SW 2 Tip, In the Stand-in Switches menu I chose Layout 8: Utilities Switch 2: Utility, Tap Tempo then I hit "Go to Switch"
Tap shows Category: Utility Function: Tap Tempo
Hold shows Category: Utility Function: Tuner

I've tried the same settings with FM3 SW 2 Ring but can't seem to lose the back to tuner after tapping.

Should it be working right this way?

Thank you

Do you know if the switch itself is 'momentary' or 'latching'? (Edit... 'momentary')

If 'momentary', is it 'normally open' or 'normally closed'?

Moke, I was able to switch it to normally open and that did the trick! Now I have to figure out what I want the 2nd switch to do!!!

Thank you all for your help! I dig this forum, not only for the experience factor, but the rapid replies making more playing time and less troubleshooting!!

Moke, I was able to switch it to normally open and that did the trick! Now I have to figure out what I want the 2nd switch to do!!!

For anyone coming to this tread later - page 100 of the manual shows how to do this. The setting is accessed from Setup -> I/O -> Pedal page then Switch 1/2 tip or ring behavior.

Now that I fixed this I can actually use my switch how I wanted to originally! :cool:

Depends on what other switches are doing. I suggest toggling through layouts
That would be one thing I could do though I've set up Layout 6 to be my home layout and am accessing all the other layouts by holding the left switch. Just thinking there are so many scenes that I could set it up for Tap= 1+ scene view Hold =1- scene view.
There are soooooooo many things I can do with this machine!!!!!

For anyone coming to this tread later - page 100 of the manual shows how to do this. The setting is accessed from Setup -> I/O -> Pedal page then Switch 1/2 tip or ring behavior.

Now that I fixed this I can actually use my switch how I wanted to originally! :cool:
After I looked at the NO/NC choice I was going " What an bumbling oversight" I've only been working with switches for all my working days the last 40 years!!

Depends on what other switches are doing. I suggest toggling through layouts
After looking at the OMG9 set up I figured out how to get pretty much the same rig that Patz did with the FM3 Alone set up. I use SW2 Hold for bringing everything back to Layout 6 and SW1 and 3 to go to Presets and Effects. Tap 1 and 3 to go up/down a page. Hold SW1 looper Hold switch 3 was Tap tempo/tuner until I figured out the Stand-in switch method for them which I found in these responses!!
Thanks again everyone whom chimed in.

Need some help.
trying to figure out what´s happening with my Mosky dual switch. After reading all posts related to this particularly mini switch, I setup it using FM3 edit and FM3, so I can control TAP TEMPO and TUNER using one of the 2 switchs. The other one does nothing!!! It does not works when pressed. Would like to use the other switch to control scenes (increments < >).
What I did, I use layout 8 (number 10 switch):
So ONE of the SWITCHS works as TAP TEMO and TUNER
BUT, whens I try to configure in the same layout 8 (numer 11 or 12, for example), to ACTIVATE the other switch to works as SCENE: Tap toggle between scenes nothing happens
Where is the problem?
Thanks any help.
P.S. I am suspecting the other switch maybe defective.. but I am not sure at al.

Need some help.
trying to figure out what´s happening with my Mosky dual switch. After reading all posts related to this particularly mini switch, I setup it using FM3 edit and FM3, so I can control TAP TEMPO and TUNER using one of the 2 switchs. The other one does nothing!!! It does not works when pressed. Would like to use the other switch to control scenes (increments < >).
BUT, whens I try to configure in the same layout 8 (numer 11 or 12, for example), to ACTIVATE the other switch to works as SCENE: Tap toggle between scenes nothing happens
Where is the problem?
Thanks any help.
P.S. I am suspecting the other switch maybe defective.. but I am not sure at al.
I had something similar and it was down to there were midi settings setup conflicting. If I manage to get on tonight I will at least try and remember the page that I found the problem on, but hopefully this gives you something to think about in the meantime

In this forum there are some people using Mosky dual switch, and both switchs works fine. I remember someone controlling TAP TEMPO and TUNER pressing left switch, and pressing the right switch, scenes. I cannot find a way to have my second switch working...
Some people here explained the way to have all the switchs working as desired. I tried exactly yhe same way. But for reasons I cannot understand, the other switch is dead!!

I've got my external switch with tap doing tap tempo and hold as tuner/mute
Really useful

The other switch switches views on the FC6 and hold switches between effects layout and scenes layout

Need some help.
Where is the problem?
Thanks any help.
Are you using a TRS cable? Did you set it up correctly in the switches menus?

Yes. I am using TSR cable. Attached I am trying to show what I did to activate or configurate BOTH switchs. I know something maybe wrong. Only ONE switch is working as TAP TEMPO in TAP and TUNER in HOLD.

Attachments

• 20210520_231037.jpg
    20210520_231037.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210520_230955.jpg
    20210520_230955.jpg
    554.2 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom