Anyone have a really good Acoustic Guitar Patch?

Perhaps that was not well stated - asked:

I'm looking for a patch that sounds like an acoustic guitar, not that I want to run an acoustic guitar through my Axe Fx Ultra -

:)

Joel

Strataxe said:
diggi said:
Perhaps that was not well stated - asked:

I'm looking for a patch that sounds like an acoustic guitar, not that I want to run an acoustic guitar through my Axe Fx Ultra -

:)

Joel

Read this: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4256

That's exactly the one I tried to download. Since I'm on OS 10.5.7 (mac), I have to (in effect) right click the patch url and save the file to my computer. However, it only wants to save as HTML, and not sysex. I can remove the .html suffix, but it is still html. I even removed everything in the link in hopes of seeing the parent directory for the sim(s), but that did not work. I'm 'sposin that if I was on a PC, it would work 'jus fine.

The other thing that I am not yet familiar with is the idea of a cab sim. So far, I have only uploaded and downloaded "patches" and have been able to do so using Sysex Librarian. I'm not sure how I use a cab sim.

Thanks to all who help on this forum. I appreciate you!

Joel

Nope I cant get them either? PC or MAC. Anyone able to e-mail them? PM me if you can.

diggi said:
The other thing that I am not yet familiar with is the idea of a cab sim. So far, I have only uploaded and downloaded "patches" and have been able to do so using Sysex Librarian. I'm not sure how I use a cab sim.

Thanks to all who help on this forum. I appreciate you!

Joel

Cab sim is an Image Response (IR) of a real cabinet ie cabs/speakers change the sound relative to the sound put in to them. A cab sim is an model of this sound manipulation in a file that you can load on to your Axe FX (via the editor). Axewiki is a good place to find out lots reference this.

I tried checking out Java's acoustic patch and cab sim too but the format was odd once I loaded into MidiOx.

geetarman said:
I tried checking out Java's acoustic patch and cab sim too but the format was odd once I loaded into MidiOx.

One is a cab sim, the other is the patch. You need to load the cab sim for the patch to work correctly. After you load the cab sim, you need to edit the patch so the cab block is using the user cab where you loaded the cab sim. If anyone can't download it from the link, PM me with you email address and I'll email it to you.

javajunkie said:
geetarman said:

One is a cab sim, the other is the patch. You need to load the cab sim for the patch to work correctly. After you load the cab sim, you need to edit the patch so the cab block is using the user cab where you loaded the cab sim. If anyone can't download it from the link, PM me with you email address and I'll email it to you.

Why don't you bug Cliff to include the patch in one of the banks? It seems a lot of people want your patch!

javajunkie said:
geetarman said:

Hey Java, There's no issue with the cab sim placement I use my user cab sims all the time. The problem is I can't even load it from my MidiOx to the Axe-fx like I normally do with Axechange presets or Cliff's giant cab sims zip file. It also looks like it's in a different format from what I'm use to. :?

hmmm, I'm at work but it loads into the IR converter just fine. It is a 9KB syx file. It's name is acoustic2048_1.syx.

Is that what you are loading?

I'm a relative newb and had absolutely no trouble loading this patch and IR. Downloaded via FireFox 3.0.11 using "Save Link As". Then I used MIDI-OX to send the patch and IR to my Ultra.

Diggi (and other Mac users),

Using my Mac, I replicated your issue with downloading this. Safari insists on adding an htm or html extension.

Use Firefox. Right-click/Ctrl-click, choose Save Link As from the drop-down menu, then in the window that opens, select All Files in the Save As drop-down menu.

Ok, I loaded Java's acoustic preset and ir into my Axe and after some (alot) of EQ tweaking, I have a fairly good sounding acoustic simulation. Here's my question, can the preset be altered somehow to simulate a 12 string? I know this has been asked before and I know there's no way to do it correctly but I only need the preset to be somewhat close and only for one song, Wanted, Dead or Alive.

Any suggestions?

mitch236 said:
Ok, I loaded Java's acoustic preset and ir into my Axe and after some (alot) of EQ tweaking, I have a fairly good sounding acoustic simulation. Here's my question, can the preset be altered somehow to simulate a 12 string? I know this has been asked before and I know there's no way to do it correctly but I only need the preset to be somewhat close and only for one song, Wanted, Dead or Alive.

Any suggestions?

If you want a 12 string effect (note I said effect not replication of a 12 string) try this.

Put a pitch block in front in series. Set to fixed harmony, set voice 1 up an octave, turn the voice level all the way down, detune voice 1 a bit. start w/ the mix low and turn it up until it blends right. Turn the hi-cut freq down to minimize any hi-freq weirdness

If you have a standard use pitch source global w/ tracking off. If you have an Ultra try turning the tracking on and setting the pitch source to poly-local. If you are using straight-forward chords this works pretty well and I like the quality better than w/ global and tracking off.

Back
Top Bottom