Anyone have a preset for Whole lotta love solo?

Workin on one right now using the Tone match. I have had a couple problems recalling it in Axe Edit though, or having it drop out audio after several minutes of testing. Not sure why...
I am new to the AxeFX, so still figuring it out.

I will figure out how to upload the preset I have made and get back with a link.

Try this
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=714

It's a good starting point. There's some funky distorted delay at the end I cannot replicate, and I've got a slightly hollow sound I can't figure out why.

If interested in the clip I used for the Tone Match to dial it in closer, you can get it right here

Last edited:
Pretty darn close. Might be a little better with the SuperTrem model. This was my first attempt. I used SoloAWeek clone of Queen's "I want it all" as a base to start with since it was already fairly close, then tweaked a bit.
I used the 1x15 Thunderbolt cab because I have a '67 Thunderbolt amp here, and get REALLY close using a Tonebender clone into it, with a Telecaster.
Not sure if using the Tone Match block after a Cab was the right thing to do.. but it seemed to work. Awfully noisy patch though. But then again, that clip I posted above isn't "clean" either.

I plead the 5th, 19th, 22nd, and 42nd.;)

The 42nd Amendment is the Douglas Adams "Improbability Amendment."

One thing that is really important, is that that solo is played with a wah that is fully in the toe down position, hence the thin and trebly tone.

One thing that is really important, is that that solo is played with a wah that is fully in the toe down position, hence the thin and trebly tone.

At the very least, a Telecaster. Not so sure about the wah. Most people say half-cocked. Full Wah through my Thunderbolt/T-bender clone is not even close. Half is much closer. Scary close.
An LP just won't do. If you know where to look, the source is out there. 60cycle hum and Tele-like microphonics becomes very apparent.

That song is Les Paul, not a Tele ;) It was his Black Beauty LP that got stolen later.

Only the first album is all Tele, after that it was mostly Les Paul, with other guitars on a few songs here and there.

That song is Les Paul, not a Tele ;) It was his Black Beauty LP that got stolen later.

Only the first album is all Tele, after that it was mostly Les Paul, with other guitars on a few songs here and there.

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't an LP. I'll send you a PM with details.

Edit: Any idea when Page removed the cover from the bridge pickup of the Black? IF the covers were still on during the recording session, it reinforces my thoughts about 60cycle in PM.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom