Anyone Have a JVM410?

Traced it to a bad solder joint on one of the tube sockets. Unfortunately when I hit it with a hamma it sent a spike through the Axe-Fx that was connected to it and popped one of the its outputs (dangling participle).
I hear they have a good service department. Call Matt.

Traced it to a bad solder joint on one of the tube sockets. Unfortunately when I hit it with a hamma it sent a spike through the Axe-Fx that was connected to it and popped one of the its outputs (dangling participle).
Nope.

Not gonna go there.

:lol

If so, do the orange and red modes have a LOT more gain than the green mode? I seem to recall they do but my amp isn't acting that way now. I'm thinking Relay 3 is not working.

Well !
I have a JVM 410 HJS
I guess it depends on the actuall channel being used. But on the lead channels, the red mode has really lots of gain and feels copressed a lot (compared to the green).

I have a JVM410 and the orange has way more gain than green and red is just insane amounts of gain. I just use my Axe FX through the power amp in on my JVM and use the JVM models as they sound better anyways.

Well I hit it with a hamma and now it doesn't work at all, LOL. Eh, the models sound better than the real amp now anyways.

One of the power tubes on my Mark V went out and suddenly my Axe FX sounded WAY better than any IIC+ or IV tones I could get out of the head.

I recently replaced the power tubes and now the Axe FX only sounds as good as the real thing. Cliff, please help.

Cliff I had two of these monsters...orange channel was crunchy gain ....red channel...was high gain...I always preferred the orange channel....it seemed to have more definition to me.....besides....I tried it out it the AXE....it sounded great blew me away the first time I heard it...OMG...that's my JVM.....but in the end the Dirty Shirley killed it.......lol

Good that you found the problem. That symptom can also be produced by a bad preamp tube if one half/stage of the tube has an issue (stage used in the orange mode).

I still have the JVM 410 combo.
The Orange channel is delightfully crunchy, the Red channel is pretty high gain, had to be careful on the gain level vs uncontrollable feedback.
I remember loving the Clean Red channel too, it went into a light overdriven tone and cleaned up with the guitar volume knob really well.

Back
Top Bottom