Anyone have a good tremolo sound for "Born on the bayou"?

jngiftos

For some reason I just can't seem to dial in the tremolo effect very well. I keep tweaking but it just doesn't ever sound right... If anyone has a good tremolo dialed in that they wouldn't mind sharing I'd greatly appreciate it.

That's an Amp tremolo. Use an amp model which has a good sounding tremolo. Like a Fender Deluxe or Vibrato Lux (although reportedly they used a Kustom amp on the original).

That's an Amp tremolo. Use an amp model which has a good sounding tremolo. Like a Fender Deluxe or Vibrato Lux (although reportedly they used a Kustom amp on the original).

Yek, I do not understand your answer. Are there tremolo controls in the amp block for a Deluxe or Vibato Lux, or are you saying use the tremolo block with a Deluxe amp block?

There's no bias tremolo on the AMP block in the AX8. Or did that change recently? Wiki still says there isn't. And I haven't used bias trem on the AMP block in ages...so can't recall from memory.

@jiagap try putting the TREM block between the AMP and CAB block. Put a little envelope filter on the depth of the tremolo. I'd probably use a Nuclear Tone or Princeton Reverb model paired with a small'ish speaker.

Here's an example of using a tremolo with an envelope filter on the depth. Play with more volume and the depth increases, back off and so does the depth of the tremolo.

Let's try to keep this simple, like CCR would want it.

Rate: About 7.5 Hz
Depth: About 80%
Type: Triangle
Voila!

So you would put a tremolo block between the amp and cab with these settings? I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I've always tried with the trem block after the cab, so maybe that's the key?

Not much difference with a clean amp.

But put a Tremolo before a dirty amp, and the tremolo effect will decrease because of the amp’s compression.

Back
Top Bottom