Anyone have a good 1/2 step pitch detune patch

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
I'm struggling with setting up a decent 1/2 tune down patch and not getting a slight delay in the playback. I have a killer one set up on my Ultra which is on stage right now in Vegas and the Axe II is in my bedroom so I can't compare the settings. There are 2 points during my show where I have to employ the tuning down to play along with a Guns' N Roses tune and an old Elvis tune. Any advice? Thanks!

Matt

I have, in fact i'm on that preset right now and there's still a slight lag. I can't for the life of me remember what my settings are on my ultra but I can't remember having this issue with my ultra. PS, love your presets and weekly solos man, keep up the killer work!

Lower the track adjust value until you find the best latency/tone compromise. Lower will be less latency but you might find certain notes/chords start to sound funny at some point.

Pitch source has an effect on latency (global = least) but you'll probably want to set that based on what you're playing, specifically whether all chords sound good enough on global. If not then use local poly. Power chords should be fine with global.

Sounds great, thanks again man! And thanks for the words of wisdom Bakerman, you're always a valuable asset to hear from!

Thanks!

I posted an Unchained preset a while back when TM first came out that was a half step down. See how the pitch block from it works for you... just CTRL+C, CTRL+V it into you preset of choice in Axe-Edit.

View attachment 11656

Back
Top Bottom