Anyone has that kind of error?

Just a couple of weeks after I first got my Axe-Fx II, this same thing happened to me (along with an unpleasant sound that came out of my monitors). Unfortunately for me, turning the unit off and back on again did not remedy the problem and my new Axe II remained frozen with a blank screen with all the light illuminated. It turned out to be that a board had fried and the unit had to be replaced (fortunately since it was brand new, it was under warranty and didn't cost me anything but a week or so of time).

In the years since then, it has happened 2 or 3 times again with my replacement unit, where it would freeze with a blank screen and all the lights on (but with no unpleasant sound). But like with what happened to you, it has always booted back up and worked normally afterwards. So unless it frequently keeps happening to you, I don't think I would worry too much about it (unless it doesn't boot back up, of course ;)).

Last edited:
I've had that happen on my AFX Mk. I a half dozen times or so since I've owned it (since 2011), and as recently as last week. A hard reboot fixes it. I seem to recall FAS saying years ago, that, on a rare occasion, the DSP's sometimes won't sync (or something like that; I can't remember exactly what was said) upon power up and the issue you describe shows up and we shouldn't be worried about it (unless it's very persistent and a reboot doesn't clear it, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom