Anyone has experience with Harley Benton Custom Line Thunder 99?

Roadrunner

Power User
Hi all.

Part of my new FM3 based pedal board will be a stereo power amp so I can run in stereo a 4x12 cab or 2 cabs in any scenario.
I'm into a pedal shape power amp, there are a lot of options out there.
What caught my eyes is Harley Benton Custom Line Thunder 99.

• Its very small.
  • Its stereo ( a huge benefit).
  • Its cheap.

Anyone tried it, has experience with it?
I'm not looking to break walls with this pedal. Just a reasonable amplification with either a 2x12 or 4x12 for a small club gig / rehearsal.
Thanks.

I have one and use it with 2 Eminence Beta LTA speakers in 2 cabs.
Really loud and enough punsh.
But not at rehearsal till now.
May in 2 weeks final test.

I use an optional power supply that is smaller than the original but have 1A more. I already had this.
So I have headroom for peaks but I do not think it is necessary.

Last edited:
I have one and use it with 2 Eminence Beta LTA speakers in 2 cabs.
Really loud and enough punish.
But not at rehearsal till now.
May in 2 weeks final test.

I use an optional power supply that is smaller than the original but have 1A more. I already had this.
So I have headroom for peaks but I do not think it is necessary.
Would be happy to hear your thoughts after a rehearsal.

Will try to remember it ;)

Test at home in a small room outside the house with closed door and wireless guitar outside in the garden was really positive.
Or in other words - I would be deaf if I stayed in the room. (not cranked up to maximum)

I do not think that it will not be loud enough.
But I also think it depends on speaker or cab you use.
May a two 4x12 with 8 Ohm will be not as loud with it as my speakers.
Depending on speakers impenance-curve and mass that have to be moved and speaker efficiency or whatever.
There is no brigde mode.

Sold it months ago since it brings electric shocks on to my hands as people say.
You better refer to this one, even though not stereo but it sounds sterile and puch.
https://www.thomann.de/intl/harley_benton_gpa_100.htm
Electric shocks?? :eek:

Do you mean you actually got electrified form it?
Were you playing barefoot by any chance? Getting electrified from the guitar strings usually happens when ground is poorly connected AND you are barefoot or touching the microphone stand for example with your other hand or lips are touching the microphone while singing.
You need to “close a circuit” with the ground in order to get electrified.

However ignoring the electric chock, what do you think of the overall product in terms of sound and volume?

eletrical shock ?
how this ?
you have a external power-supply that delivers 24V DC
may you got other problems with your electricity and got currency via shield or ground
or the deivce had a failure which any devide could have because for such things there is guarantee

Yep. I saw that in multiple reviews as well. Would hate to be standing on a concrete floor barefooted plugged into that.

Back
Top Bottom