anyone has a slayer preset ?

Tonewicker

Inspired
is there anyone familiar with slayer tones ? if so i will be grateful for some hints/tips or preset
there are few in axechange but they are outdated and didnt like them too much

JCM800, OD/Boost to tighten it up a bit, EMG81's active pickups, usually downtuned half a step or so. Some parametic EQ to get a bit more of a mid-scoop

Pretty much all those late 80's, 90's tones were a large part the EMG81 pickups more than anything.

What kind of Slayer tone (i.e. from which song/album)?

Edit: I've tried making a patch before, the closest I got was using either one of the JMP-1's or the JCM800. I guess you could use a OD in front as said above or you could use a ten band GEQ with an upside down V shape like Kerry King supposedly does. Also using an IR with a G12T-75, G12K-100 or V30 should help. I thought a G12T-75 Marshall Mode Four IR with a Microtech Gefell UMT70S condenser mic from Ownhammer's Heavy Hitters Collection sounded closest, one of the first positions, either that or a M160 of the same speaker/IR collection.

Last edited:
JCM800, OD/Boost to tighten it up a bit, EMG81's active pickups, usually downtuned half a step or so. Some parametic EQ to get a bit more of a mid-scoop

Pretty much all those late 80's, 90's tones were a large part the EMG81 pickups more than anything.
What kind of Slayer tone (i.e. from which song/album)?

Edit: I've tried making a patch before, the closest I got was using either one of the JMP-1's or the JCM800. I guess you could use a OD in front as said above or you could use a ten band GEQ with an upside down V shape like Kerry King supposedly does. Also using an IR with a G12T-75, G12K-100 or V30 should help. I thought a G12T-75 Marshall Mode Four IR with a Microtech Gefell UMT70S condenser mic from Ownhammer's Heavy Hitters Collection sounded closest, one of the first positions, either that or a M160 of the same speaker/IR collection.

thanks for the advice guys :) im looking for a tone near Seasons In The Abyss album. i tried using the jcm800 model but i think i didnt used the right İR's i will try again :)

I actually use the Engl savage amp for my slayer tones, can get there with much less work than the 800. That said I like the early era show no mercy kind of tone better.

Back
Top Bottom