Anyone had any luck replicating the POG?

themaidenmaniac

Experienced
Sub0-octave slide to 60%, the rest to 55%. LPF mode on 2 apparently.

This guy definitely nailed satches tone! I might give it a bash.

Edit: Ok so Ive given it a go, but not been able to get it quite so juicy as the POG yet as well as having a few technical difficulties. I was able to get really close using 2 whammy pitch shifters in parallel. One doing +-1 & the other doing +-2. As far as I can tell, there isnt a way to get 4 individually controlled octave harmonies unless I am missing something at this time . Looks like the key is to bump -1 up, whilst keeping +1 +2 & -2 around the same level. Maybe the octave divider will fit the bill here somehow.

So looks like you're guranteed to be able to nail this tone should you be able to have individual control over 4 octaves of harmony. Any tips? Dont tell me I have to buy a POG Cliff :D

Last edited:
How about using Pitch 1 in Octave Divider mode (gives you -1 and -2) and Pitch 2 on Fixed (or Intel) Shift mode doing the +1 and +2?

You could also throw a synth in there on the -1 and -2 for even more bass oomph.

-Adam

Cheers for your time Adam!

I got similarly close. I guess the snag is that you cant have indiviudal control on each octave right? Would there be any way I wonder for a tweak to be made that would allow more than 2 pitch shifters. Just individual mix controls inside the currently available 2 blocks for closer control on each octave would be perfectly good enough too.

The d-tune area is not one ive looked at yet either, im sure that will be simpler though. Maybe I'll grab a POG, and try and work it out as best possible. Would this be useful to anybody?

Last edited:
Cheers for your time Adam!

I got similarly close. I guess the snag is that you cant have indiviudal control on each octave right? Would there be any way I wonder for a tweak to be made that would allow more than 2 pitch shifters. Just individual mix controls inside the currently available 2 blocks for closer control on each octave would be perfectly good enough too.

The d-tune area is not one ive looked at yet either, im sure that will be simpler though. Maybe I'll grab a POG, and try and work it out as best possible. Would this be useful to anybody?

You have 4 pitch shifters, 2 in each block. You also have level, delay,detune,feedback, pan controls for each oh the pitch shifter in each of the blocks for mix (use the individual voice levels for mix). I have a pog 2, the axe-fx has all the parameters of the pog2. You can get close but the pog is smooother. Of course there is a lot the axe-fx does that pog cannot.

Hey Sean, are you saying you can run X & Y at the same time to get 4 pitch shifters? I thought X & Y were totally seperate, sort of like an A/B for each effect.

Last edited:
Was just popping back in to say thanks after playing with the preset. I thought originally Sean was pointing towards some sort of dual XY setup for a minute! Never used pitch shifting on the Axe since I got it, so appreciate you guys bearing with me :D Got that sorted and its really close now.

I see the POG has 2 detuned signals in addition to the regular -1, +1 and +2.

As a POG owner Sean, how would you go about translating the detune parameters to the Axe FX 2? I figured the detune parameters on the fixed harmonys will just screw up the regular octave signals, so 2 additional detuned signals are needed to get close? (Looking at the manual, maybe I am wrong - is the detune is in parallel? In which case I am totally sorted it seems!).

Last edited:
Was just popping back in to say thanks after playing with the preset. I thought originally Sean was pointing towards some sort of dual XY setup for a minute! Never used pitch shifting on the Axe since I got it, so appreciate you guys bearing with me :D Got that sorted and its really close now.

I see the POG has 2 detuned signals in addition to the regular -1, +1 and +2.

As a POG owner Sean, how would you go about translating the detune parameters to the Axe FX 2? I figured the detune parameters on the fixed harmonys will just screw up the regular octave signals, so 2 additional detuned signals are needed to get close? (Looking at the manual, maybe I am wrong - is the detune is in parallel? In which case I am totally sorted it seems!).

Use the detune in the pitch blocks it will just about the same thing as it does on the POG. the detune is supposed to affect the pitched signal.

This is a bit of an old thread but is there a way to modulate parameters of these octaves with lfo's? I've started running a keys rig through the right channel (gtr left/keys right) and am looking for a way to creat some bigger sounds, this is a good starting point but want to get a bit of motion in there. I thought about chorus or phase on the low octaves. But an lfo inside the pitch block would be easier. I haven't looked for control parameters in there yet, are there any? Anyone else have any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom