Anyone got any tips for settings levels?

Do you change anything in the I/O setup menu of the III? Is the Input 1 Level in the I/O menu higher than 5%?

You’re using a (mono) guitar cable from OUT 1 into the VHT, and a speaker cable from the VHT to the speaker cabinet?

Managed to work out how to send a preset finally.....

Hopefully this should work guys. To keep the preset within the Vu red limits on the layout screen I've had to take out the Amp block to -40db?

Is this correct? Most presets i have constructed are between -20 and -40 which seems too quiet for my VHT 2502 50 watt power amp which is plenty loud enough.

Also i am trying not to crank the output masters of the power amp unless i really have to for obvious reasons 12 oclock on my Vht 2502 is plenty loud enough on my other rack pre's
when i load this preset, i get no volume whatsoever because the Amp level is turned down so low. the VU meters don't even fill up at all.

i can't see how you're possibly getting any reading on the VU meter.

you are using the VU meter on the LAYOUT screen ZOOMED OUT right? the horizontal meters on the top of that view?

you have a AC30 amp with Drive and Trim all the way up as well. that produces a good tone?

if anyone is trying to troubleshoot this, you need to turn of Power Amp Modeling in Setup>Global to match what he's experiencing.

What happens if you soft-reset the Amp block? (can’t do it myself)

ok, as i mentioned, turning off Power Amp Modeling in Global will change the levels drastically. so -40 in the amp block does get you at the correct VU meter level.

however, even with this, i get more than enough level coming out of the Axe Output. it matches my normal presets.

what physical Output are you using? 1? 3?

What happens if you soft-reset the Amp block? (can’t do it myself)
no change really. but i don't think there's an issue in the Axe. i get the same healthy level as usual.

turning out 1 up all the way actually clips my mixer at its usual setting, and the VU is metering on the mid line.

it seems like everything is ok with this preset and that the Axe is functioning normally and capable of putting out more than enough level.

something must be wrong with cable or anything else after the Axe if you aren't getting enough level.

Reactions: yek
Ok Guys,

So are we saying here that, in this preset, the correct level is indeed -40db?

in that case then, i have no other choice than to increase the master volume on the Vht which i didn't really want to do, to prevent coloration.

No matter, i will have to live with a higher PA volume. Just as long as i know that the unit is working correctly, and i am setting up my presets correctly.

There are no faults with cables etc just to rule that out.

Ok Guys,

So are we saying here that, in this preset, the correct level is indeed -40db?

in that case then, i have no other choice than to increase the master volume on the Vht which i didn't really want to do, to prevent coloration.

No matter, i will have to live with a higher PA volume. Just as long as i know that the unit is working correctly, and i am setting up my presets correctly.

There are no faults with cables etc just to rule that out.
Turn the Axe Out knob up as well, more than 12 o clock.

How high did you have the VHT turned up?

The output knob is maxxed.

The Vht is 50% so knob at 12 oclock.

Can i get into the VU red any further do you think? or is this not advisable?

Back
Top Bottom