Anyone Got any Sound Clips Of the Axe FX 2 & a Mesa 2:90?

Paulg2uk

Power User
Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of trying to decided on a power amp and was recommended the Matrix but I've been a boogie player for years I just wondered if anyone has any sound clips of the axe fx 2 with the Mesa 2:90 power amp at all?

Thanks

Paul

Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of trying to decided on a power amp and was recommended the Matrix but I've been a boogie player for years I just wondered if anyone has any sound clips of the axe fx 2 with the Mesa 2:90 power amp at all?

Thanks

Paul

I can record some on a Mesa Stereo 2:50 if you'd like. Let me know which amp types. My setup for recording is guitar>Axe II>Mesa 2:50>Recto 4x12 w/ Vintage 30's>Shure SM57>Logic 9.

I can record some on a Mesa Stereo 2:50 if you'd like. Let me know which amp types. My setup for recording is guitar>Axe II>Mesa 2:50>Recto 4x12 w/ Vintage 30's>Shure SM57>Logic 9.

That would be awesome thanks so much. I've been using the recto orange and red patches a lot and the EJ clean patch quite a lot with some chorus on its own and then with some reverb and delay. I tend to change the EJ clean to use with the USA Clean amp and a 4x12 cab sim.

Thanks again

Paul

Cool. Give me a couple of days. My Axe II just came yesterday and I'm working on a few patches based on the favorites from my Standard. I'll dial in some rectos for you too and post em up here.

OK - here's a sample. Just a short riff, but gets the point across. First run was a quick tweak of the Djentlemanly preset (#074 I believe). I just added a PEQ block to kill some of the highs and backed off the gain on the amp sim (FAS Modern). Second run is the RECTO ORANGE preset. Third is the RECTO RED preset. Neither were tweaked. The last is actually my Mesa Boogie Triaxis on the LD1 Red mode (Recto). Sounds very close to the RECTO ORANGE preset. Everything was recorded on a Rectifier 4x12 with a Shure SM-57 in Logic. No processing was done in logic - this is straight in from the mic. Power Amp and Cab sims were set to "off" in the AxeFx II Global menu.

I've had the unit since Monday afternoon and haven't had much time to mess with it. I'm amazed at how good this thing sounds (and how much better than my Axe Standard)! IMO it sounds best direct into Logic, but I plan to use it live as well (as I did my Standard). Just takes some tweaking (EQ mainly) to make it sound the best through the 2:50 and 4x12.

http://soundcloud.com/kevin-hinrichs/axe-fx-ii-mesa-2-50-tests

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom