• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Anyone Got a Good Tim Mahoney (311) Octave Patch?

Josh O

I've been on a serious 311 kick lately, especially after seeing them live a couple of weeks ago. I'm trying to cop the octave distortion thing Mahoney has going on in songs like Homebrew, Prisoner, etc.

odsska

Sorry no one got back to you earlier - until recently, Tim used a Boss OC-2 Octave pedal. Now hes using this:

(I have no idea what that is).

In any case, you should be able to cop a similar tone by using the Octave Divider mode of the Pitch Shifter, bring up Lvl 1 (1st octave down) and set Lvl 2 (2nd octave down) to off. Adjust the Mix parameter to mix in the direct signal so that its louder than the 1 octave down signal. Tim almost always uses the effect with distortion, so if your going into a clean amp simulation I would attach a drive pedal after the Pitch. Definitely use the bridge pickup.

Sorry that I don't have my Ultra in front of me... I'd be able to give you more exact settings.
Hope that helps!

sonofmickel

Inspired
That's a Pearl Octave pedal from the 80's. I had some once that were stolen at a gig/party. I had the Flanger and Distortion pedals. They were VERY good pedals.

Top Bottom