Anyone got a Bogner Ecstacy Blue Working With the Relays ?

bread

Power User
Hi,

I'm trying to get a Bogner Ecstacy working with the FX8 relays to no avail. I was hoping for OFF = OFF, TIP=On, RING=BOOST or similar. Unfortunately, it uses TIP=BOOST, RING=ON/OFF so I think its a non-starter.

Thanks !

Hi,

I'm trying to get a Bogner Ecstacy working with the FX8 relays to no avail. I was hoping for OFF = OFF, TIP=On, RING=BOOST or similar. Unfortunately, it uses TIP=BOOST, RING=ON/OFF so I think its a non-starter.

Thanks !
You should be able to accomplish that with either scenes or X/Y on the relay block.

Hi,

Thanks !

Yes. they work with the FX8, the problem is that you can't save their status on scenes or presets, so it's not very useful.

You should be able to accomplish that with either scenes or X/Y on the relay block.
Nope...with a TRs to TRS cable you can switch the state but it won't safe it when switching to the next scene it order regardless of setting.
I'm assuming it's cause it's monetary behavior.
It likely would work in latching but the it takes two clicks to switch states.

Nope...with a TRs to TRS cable you can switch the state but it won't safe it when switching to the next scene it order regardless of setting.
I'm assuming it's cause it's monetary behavior.
It likely would work in latching but the it takes two clicks to switch states.
joe usually knows what he's talking about, this should be possible. have you tried setting the relays to momentary?

joe usually knows what he's talking about, this should be possible. have you tried setting the relays to momentary?

Yes I tried monetary with no success. The pedal switches on then off briefly.

It's not an FX8 issue it's the way the switching on the pedal has been implemented.

The problem is the remote switching on the Bogners. I've tried lots of switchers and multifx with remote capabilities and the only one who worked the way it was supposed to with the 2 pedals (saving the state of the relays) was the Boss ES-8, and it was a pain in the ass to get it right.

Switching can be done quite easy, but programming scene changes isnt because the bogner is only reacting to a momentary pulse.

....i figured out a way, using scenes and X/Y block settings:

Use relay block x/y
x=auto trigger on (use X block on scenes where you want to switch the bogner in or out)
Y=auto trigger off (use Y block in scenes where you want the bogner pedal to do any switching when changing to another scene with the relay on Y)

For example:
Relay X (auto trigger tip=bogner boost)
Relay Y on Ring (bogner on/off) no auto trigger
Scene1= X
Scene2= Y
Scene3= Y
Scene4= X

in this example you can use scene4 as a solo scene.select scene 1 to exit the solo (turns boost off) and use scenes 2/3 to change/add FX without auto sending any triggering messages to the bogner with the option to switch bogner on/off manually when the relay is assigned to a footswitch...

Last edited:
The bogner toggles between off and on when you send a relay command from the FX8.

When it is on with the tip active, pressing the tip again switches it off. So if scene 1 and 2 are the same then they perform different functions on the bogner.

If only ...
On was tip
Off was ring
Boost was both
Off was off

It would be perfect ...

but it uses this crap toggling that screws up the use of it with scenes.

What Paul wants to do is to (I think) resend the same relay command of the scene when leaving the scene so the bogner is in a default state of off (or whatever) so the next scene can switch the right function on.

Last edited:
PS I cannot shake my GAS addiction which the only reason I'm buying pedals. Thank God for loopy 2 or I would be a dribbling mess by now ...

As a friend once told me "GAS can never be overcome it can only be diverted".

i guess I'm not understanding your request then. The relays can already be set to momentary and controlled by scenes, what other thing did you need?

The bogner toggles between off and on when you send a relay command from the FX8.

When it is on with the tip active, pressing the tip again switches it off. So if scene 2 and 2 are the same then they perform different functions on the bogner.

If only ...
On was tip
Off was ring
Boost was both
Off was off

It would be perfect ...

but it uses this crap toggling that screws up the use of it with scenes.

What Paul wants to do is to (I think) resend the same relay command of the scene when leaving the scene so the bogner is in a default state of off (or whatever) so the next scene can switch the right function on.

yess, having the option to auto trigger on leaving the scene is what i suggested :)

Back
Top Bottom