Anyone get a Matrix FR12 yet?

I'm on the pre-order list. Really interested to hearing comparison with the FR12 (and FR10) to other popular FRFR solutions.

Initial impression is these look great. Very interested to see the reviews as people start to receive them. I had been following the Matrix teaser posts on Facebook since December, but got tired of waiting as they kept pushing the release date back. Eventually I got something else. But for kicks & giggles I wouldn't mind getting one or two in the future if the reviews are good.

Yes. Sounds great with the Ax8!

C'mon man.. give us a little more will ya?! :D

Is it just a smaller version of the FR212? (one would assume so)
Is it punchy?
Good bottom end?
Good clarity?
Being FRFR, is it 'real'ish' or cab-like or is completely flat?!

Tantalize our sonic taste buds!

Initial impressions :

- light!
- loud
- good low end, but then I cut it back out ~85Hz in cab block
- I like the DSP features (flat, "loudness" and 100Hz high pass modes)
- will fit nicely in the Fiat 500e

I'm slammed with projects but I have FR212, NL212 and QSC K12s to compare with when I get a break.

Initial impressions :

- light!
- loud

I'm slammed with projects but I have FR212, NL212 and QSC K12s to compare with when I get a break.

Thanks for sharing man.. really good to know..

If/when you do do the Matrix/NL/FR comparison, let us know.. would be great to gauge which is 'FRACTALZ' pick of the bunch, and I guess how they all stack up against each other..

Cheers for that mate.

I pretty much agree with all this. Really like mine so far.

Initial impressions :

- light!
- loud

I posted this in a similar thread, but it's appropriate here, too. --

I received my two FR12s a couple of days ago and I'm running them in stereo. My initial reaction is that they're pretty fantastic. Loud. Very loud. Seem to be really good quality. The bass on your Axe-Fx presets really needs to be reigned in or it won't handle well, but when it's clear, it's clear. I've never played a CLR, but these speakers are good enough that I don't think I feel a need to go investigating further.

I have one annoyance and it's regarding stereo setups -- I'm not sure there is a good solution for controlling your master volume with a stereo setup. Changing the volume on the speakers from the back is not practical, especially considering the volumes need to be matched (both speakers) with every slight change. I've heard that the Axe-Fx should run at higher output as a rule, so using the Axe-Fx output knob doesn't seem to be a prudent solution to master volume and I'm not sure if there is a way to introduce a master volume control between the Axe-Fx and these powered speakers (anyone have an idea?). If I can't come up with a decent solution for this, I may have to go with the GT1000FX and passive speakers in order to have a meaningful and accessible master volume.

To recap -- Great speakers. Loud, clear, good sound. Master volume control for stereo seems to be an issue when running straight from a modeler unless I am missing something simple.

I have one annoyance and it's regarding stereo setups -- I'm not sure there is a good solution for controlling your master volume with a stereo setup. Changing the volume on the speakers from the back is not practical, especially considering the volumes need to be matched (both speakers) with every slight change. I've heard that the Axe-Fx should run at higher output as a rule, so using the Axe-Fx output knob doesn't seem to be a prudent solution to master volume and I'm not sure if there is a way to introduce a master volume control between the Axe-Fx and these powered speakers (anyone have an idea?). If I can't come up with a decent solution for this, I may have to go with the GT1000FX and passive speakers in order to have a meaningful and accessible master volume.

Did you find a solution to this?

Must say I don't quitunderstand the issue. Couldn't you turn up speakers very loud and then adjust on the Axe volume knob?

My plan was to use axe volume 1 to FOH and axe volume 2 for personal frfr. Volume 1 would the same level, but on volume 2 would control my stage volume.
Isn't this a usable solution?

Did you find a solution to this?

Must say I don't quitunderstand the issue. Couldn't you turn up speakers very loud and then adjust on the Axe volume knob?

My plan was to use axe volume 1 to FOH and axe volume 2 for personal frfr. Volume 1 would the same level, but on volume 2 would control my stage volume.
Isn't this a usable solution?

Yeah I would've thought this would work too?

Yes, amp / active cab @ 75 - 85% and adjusting the overall volume from the Axe out1 (or 2) knob.

The active cab is exactly the same as running an amp, you don’t play with your amp volume, only the Axe and the amp volume should be set constant up high.
So you do it once after power up and that’s it.
Besides, if your patches are all volume balanced, you should not have to touch any knob.

I set the overall volume @ the beginning of rehearsal / gig and rarely touch it.

Cant wait to get 2 of these, still not sure if it will the 10" or the 12" though…

Back
Top Bottom