Anyone ever try to emulate a Harmonica with the Axe?

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
we've got a couple of songs in our set that have harmonica in them and I'd love to be able to play those parts on my guitar.
Possible?

wonder if a tone match would work.... I'm going to give it a shot, as we are doing don't follow by AIC and it has a harmonica bit on it.

Woow ... I think it's really hard to emulate an Harmonica with strings ... I think it is difficult even with a Guitar synth ,, but fingers crossed ... Who knows if someone can chime in and enlighten this wish ...

ya we're doing ZZ Top "Waiting for the Bus" and I am playing the harmonica lead and the guitar lead, just looking for some kind of effect to make it sound more convincing

A few years ago I heard a pretty convincing harmonica sound played on guitar using EHX pedals. There is a detailed run down on what gear was used and settings here:

EHX.com | Effectology, Vol. 1: Electric Guitar plays Blues Harmonica | Electro-Harmonix Forums

I spent some time trying to translate those settings to what was available to us in the Ultra at the time (it was 2009 I think) with mixed results. I never got it, but my main problem was I simply didn't understand exactly what the EHX pedals were doing with the sound. Now if somebody who understands the theory of the EHX gear spent some time, I'm guessing with the AXE FX II we should be able to get something similar, I don't have the knowledge or time. Maybe this will point someone in the right direction.

Harmonica is a pretty affordable instrument, and not terribly difficult to play passingly well, so it seems to me that it would be easier to just use an actual harp instead of try to emulate one ?

Back
Top Bottom