Anyone ever have random preset changes at a show?

frankyandreas

Inspired
I'm sure that my vocalist hit my jog dial by accident, (or stepped on my midi cable) - but last night I had a phantom preset change to a preset that definitely is NOT tied to a footswitch. It is, however, a preset that was numerically close to the preset I was on: this is why I suspect a midi cable or jog dial snafu.

Not worried, just curious as to whether anyone else has had this happen.

Nope, not yet.

I'm not sure how stepping on the midi cable would trigger anything as you would have to actually transmit a program change to swap presets.

Seems more likely that the unit was bumped and either a button or scroll wheel was knocked.

Never happened to me, but anything is possible if someone bumps into the front of your rig. Keep an eye on those singers...

Happend to me quite a few times, I posted about it. Has not happened lately though..... But on some gigs the axe would randomly jump to high numbered presets going from 001 to 300 etc etc.

Happend to me quite a few times, I posted about it. Has not happened lately though..... But on some gigs the axe would randomly jump to high numbered presets going from 001 to 300 etc etc.
Now that's interesting. I want update as you have them, haha.

What happened to me was stepping by mistake in the bank down button, when trying to hit the button 5 (right beside). That makes the preset page go down, screwing up my tones.
There should be a way to disable the bank ip and down (pressing it for 5 secs for example).

What happened to me was stepping by mistake in the bank down button, when trying to hit the button 5 (right beside). That makes the preset page go down, screwing up my tones.
There should be a way to disable the bank ip and down (pressing it for 5 secs for example).
This I have done... can be embarrassing too!

Mine definitely wasn't a bank issue, the but I'm glad you got to the bottom of your thing! My thing really seems to be jog dial related (although I'll keep an ear out for this happening again)

I've had volume jumps or decreases. And the delay block cut on sometimes by it'self, haven't figured that one out yet.

I've yet to have this exact anomaly, but I'll be checking in to see if you ever find a solution.

If it's a CAT5 setup I can understand that, my MFC presets froze up the other day and wouldn't change effects on or off. Power off/on and everything was back to normal.

Sounds fun! I always struggled setting up a "wild card" button on the MFC. :p
I settled for a slow random modifier that is mapped to various effect parameters and mix states.
Craaaaazy!

Sounds fun! I always struggled setting up a "wild card" button on the MFC. :p
I settled for a slow random modifier that is mapped to various effect parameters and mix states.
Craaaaazy!

If FAS actually made that button, I could think of a whole lotta games and dares we could give eachother for when playing live ;)

If FAS actually made that button, I could think of a whole lotta games and dares we could give eachother for when playing live ;)
The factory preset (Bank B and C) challenge: play song XYZ while changing presets randomly every 4 bars...

Actually, that's already quite possible: all you need is a MIDI sequencer that has a randomizer function.

Back
Top Bottom