Anyone ever change the drivers in Xitone passive wedge?

Project Mayhem

Experienced
Picked up a xitone passive wedge (secondhand) and have been underwhelmed by the sound to the point that I think there must be a failed component. I know based on reviews from people who have opinions that I trust, that it’s capable of sounding good, but this one definitely doesn’t...very flubby low end and lacking any mids or highs to speak of. Picked up a cheap alto 312 just to A/B and confirm the problem wasn’t my signal chain, and the alto was night and day to the xitone, which I know should not be the case.

So I email Mick to get some guidance as to how to proceed...didn’t hear back...most likely as I am not the original purchaser (understandable). So I decide I’ll just replace the drivers, except once I removed every screw in it, I can not get the driver to budge at all, it’s like its glued (epoxy?) in.

Anyone have any experience with this or suggestions on how to get this thing out?

That was my initial suspicion as well, but all the spade connectors are well seated, and the fuse is intact on the crossover.

So all that’s left are the drivers, which I’m happy to replace....if I could get them out.

thanks for your input though.

Back
Top Bottom