Anyone ever buy an amp because of an axe fx model ?

It was my same tought.. But then i said to myself why spent so much money? The sim in the axe is at the same level..

I haven't had a real amp in a looonnng time and I was jonesing for one. The SLO's are my fav amps and can do anything. Yes - I realize the axe can do anything too - but I like to use both !

To me too...the slo is my amp but honestly for my bedroom player needs buyng a real one will be a waste of money also considering the cab or the reactive load to match with... And cables to connect ecc ecc..

Good question. My answer is 'no', but I have identified three amps I would consider buying:

Tucana 3 (out of production)
Bogner Shiva
Swart Atomic Space Tone

Ultimately, I would probably talk myself out of it, because they would more than likely collect dust.

Last edited:
I’ve been wanting a Fryette amp, but I just can’t see a reason to dish out so much extra on something that I can probably dial in.

I hear ya about the extra $ - and honestly I wouldn't have got it if I wouldn't had received a nice bonus that was burning a hole in my pocket.. Next up - FM9....

I can't get the tone out of the 5F8 High Power Tweed Twin model that Joe Bonamassa gets out of his even though I know his settings. So I would love to buy a reissue if I could, but I probably still would not get it. I consider that the ultimate bluesrock sound.

Yes (Tucana 3), and I’d still like to try an actual Morgan AC20 Deluxe. There is always something about the actual amp that’s special, and the reason it was modeled in the first place.
You and I have crossed paths on the Tucana 3 in a thread I started once I discovered it. You mentioned it was out of production and you could foresee it becoming another collectible on par with Dumble (or words to that effect). I totally agree.

Yes (Tucana 3), and I’d still like to try an actual Morgan AC20 Deluxe. There is always something about the actual amp that’s special, and the reason it was modeled in the first place.
Totally agree - definitely something special about the SLO's..

I can't get the tone out of the 5F8 High Power Tweed Twin model that Joe Bonamassa gets out of his even though I know his settings. So I would love to buy a reissue if I could, but I probably still would not get it. I consider that the ultimate bluesrock sound.
yeah - I've chased his tone for a long time - can never quite get it. I'm sure part of the reason is I'm not him - haha

Back
Top Bottom