Anyone else using FAS+POD+Strymon?

Rotti

Fractal Fanatic
I just picked up a timeline in a sweetheart deal, and I'd like to integrate it into my current set up, but the MIDI implementation is really making me scratch my head.

I'm using a Line6 POD HD500 as a MIDI controller (not passing any audio), and it's worked great for controlling the AxeFXII, but since going from the MIDI thru to the TL, the TL has been doing some strange jumping around (AFX is still working perfect though).

I would ideally like for the TL to change presets when I change AFX presets, but ignore any other MIDI commands (expression values, scene changes, etc.)

I haven't tried all possible trouble shooting yet, just a couple test runs and then digging up manuals, MIDI charts, and forum results (no specific luck, or maybe the answer just wasn't obvious to me). I'm just wondering if anyone else has been or still is in the same boat, and if so how you made the Strymon unit play nice.

Thanks in advance!

-Rotti

Aaand I answered my own question tonight, got it all working fine. If there's any interest ill post my specific MIDI settings tomorrow.

Definitely interested in knowing the MIDI settings. I'm using both a Timeline and BigSky, but haven't integrated them into my Axe rig, yet. I'm currently using a Disaster Area MIDI control and the setup was pretty simple with that.

Sorry jamn, looks like I spoke too soon. Everything is now working fine EXCEPT when I engage expression 2 on the POD (where I keep my FAS wah), infinite repeats is activated on the timeline. I think I will have to go into the global I/O MIDI menu and reassign exp2 to a different CC, then change my presets on the POD to reflect this, THEN everything should be good to go. Once I get a chance to do so, I'll follow up and post what I've got.

As a ballpark idea, my top row of switches correspond to either scenes, the FAS looper, or tuner mute, and have no affect on the Timeline. The bottom row is saved for preset changes on both the AFX & TL and act accordingly. I had to reassign the tap tempo CC value in the Axe to match the TL, then use this value on the POD - works great. Now it's just the expression issue.

Back
Top Bottom