Anyone else thinks that my di track has some serious problems?

ertan

Experienced
Hi,

I decided to investigate why I can't get a good tone while using some excellent presets like ML Sound Lab's or HyperPlanet's.

A few days ago, I recorded a di track, found it boomy. Because I don't have any other guitar yet, I found some nice di track from sneap's forums. I played the same riff as much as I could, and recorded two tracks. One is the di from the site, one is my di, one is the di from the site processed with shred amp sim, the last is my di processed.
I have a PRS Custom 24 with BKP Nailbombs, and really believe that there is some serious problem with my setup.

Impedance is set to auto, there is only shunts in my preset, I used the shred sim because I cannot reamp my own signal with the Axe right now.

Of course some difference is expected, but is this much difference possible? My guitar really sounds boomy.

I really tried to play tight. I intentionally put my right hand a bit more away from the bridge than usual. But this is the result.

Comments appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/ertan-ertang-n/sets/di-test

Hi Ertan, The track through the preamp does sound very bassy, boomy. There is very little upper midrange and high end as well. It sounds like it would need some major eq to work in a track.

the DI sound like a DI to me, you only have dark pickup, eq to taste and move on.
that's why presets are not so good, just turn the bass to 0 if that's what you need.

Thanks for the comments guys. I will also try to make my konnekt 6 desktop work and post the di taken with that one.

Back
Top Bottom