Anyone else super excited for the III?

I'm using a gen 1 MFC via Cat5. With the Axe-Fx III I wouldn't have the communication with the MFC that I currently enjoy?
It doesn't support bi-directional sync. Right now it works more like how the Rocktron stuff used to work with the Standard/Ultra. But I'm able to change presets, scenes, use IAs to toggle stuff, etc. You need to go back to a standard MIDI cable.

It doesn't support bi-directional sync. Right now it works more like how the Rocktron stuff used to work with the Standard/Ultra. But I'm able to change presets, scenes, use IAs to toggle stuff, etc. You need to go back to a standard MIDI cable.

Since it’s still using MIDI integration, albeit via a MIDI cable, could be added. But it would require an MFC update, and MFC updates don’t really happen in this universe anymore. :(

...never be an early adopter. After the II Mk. I came the Mk. II, then the XL and finally the XL+. The only version of the III that I want is the final uber version.
You realize that after the final Uber version of the Axe III comes the first version of the Axe IV? And the final Uber version of the Axe IV, and the first version of the Axe V, and... :)

There is no optimal way to time that purchase.

Yes for sure I am excited. Definitely moving to a new and bigger ballpark here and for a ridiculous low price.

After 42 yrs playing guitar i'm for sure going to be fully satisfied i also told my wife when i died i want to be buried with it.When i get to my new destination i want to show all the past Musicians on what they been missing out on.

I signed up for the waiting list, I"m going to buy one, but I'm honestly not that excited, but I simply didn't even push my AxeII to the limits, using dual amps very rarely these days..... I also picked up an AX8 during the sale, and that is doing plenty of processing for me as is most of the time....

Honestly as it comes out of the box, I don't think I'm going to hear any tonal differences in the modeling or effects, and I'm not going to push even 1/10th of what it can do.

So no, not really excited at all..... HOWEVER, sooner or later there will be some significant updates to the modeling, or the effects et al., which the III can run and the older models can't, and when we start forging new ground like that my interest level will rise considerably

Again, not to knock the product, I'm buying one, or downplay others excitement, but I'm viewing this basically as running AxeII modeling, just on a super powerful platform, at least at the start

Oh they will come....

You think people have a sense of entitlement with a $1100 AX8, just wait til they drop $2499 on the "flagship" and find out it actually requires a bit of tweaking, setup, and talent.....

...never be an early adopter. After the II Mk. I came the Mk. II, then the XL and finally the XL+. The only version of the III that I want is the final uber version.
How long will you wait before it's released? Because the XL was the uber 2, and then it was soon surpassed by the XL+ due to unforeseen circumstances.
If you waited a little while after the XL+ came out, y'know, just incase there's an XL++ ( ;) )... then the 3 gets announced.

I'm not saying buy it day-one, but... how long will you wait? :)

I am likely good for now.
Love the Axe Fx II XL, and the FX8 with my tube amps.
Do not use all of the CPU capacity and features of them yet.
I am not a power user compared to others.

If there is a documented consensus sound difference in the Axe III then an upgrade might make sense,
but not sure that will be the case.

Certainly is an upgrade for power users though.

Congrats to FAS for continued innovation.

I was excited to see it announced. I'm laughing so hard at all the knee jerk reactions of people instantly trying to sell thier II off like it's suddenly no good anymore lol....

I’m still playing my Ultra. I almost bought a II on several occasions, but when it became obvious it was getting tapped out CPU wise, I knew a new model was coming. I couldn’t see Cliff being happy with HW limitations.

I’m glad I waited, I’ll get all the FW development benefit of the II and a platform capable of going a lot farther, plus a multi channel recording interface/FX unit much more capable than what I’m using now.

That’s great that it’s working for you. It works great for me too (completely happy with the tone and feel) but I am bumping up against the CPU limitations and some of the functional limitations of the hardware that I have come up with workarounds for. The new unit address all of them for me so it makes sense to upgrade as this single update keeps me satisfied for years to come if not indefinitely.

Maybe saying it worked perfectly was an overstatement, I too run into the dreaded CPU limitations, input clipping, a few other things. But I make it work, and if there was no Axe FX III, nor for the next few years, nothing would have changed. For me the XL+ was the first modeler that could really do what my old giant pedal board did. And since I can't afford a new III I will have to make it work for at least another year, if not more. So I see no reason to get worked up over it.

How long will you wait before it's released? Because the XL was the uber 2, and then it was soon surpassed by the XL+ due to unforeseen circumstances.
If you waited a little while after the XL+ came out, y'know, just incase there's an XL++ ( ;) )... then the 3 gets announced.

I'm not saying buy it day-one, but... how long will you wait? :)

That, my friend, is an excellent question. How long to play the waiting game? I reckon at least until 2019 or even 2020. It's all about money and priorities. Gotta save money for my new studio PC first, then for a fitness trainer degree. And after that, we'll see. Probably best to keep an eye out on any sales of the III that suddenly get extended for indefinite amounts of time. ;)

Back
Top Bottom