Anyone else super excited for the III?

LucasLeCompte

Experienced
I am so stoked that we are getting a III! I dont understand why people are so mad. We get new cell phones every year, and people seem to be fine with that. Tech moves forward. The IIs are still awesome units that sound great. So instead of mad and sad, im going to be excited! I already put my name on the wait list!

giphy.gif

I am excited but not sure whether I'll make the switch. I can't really fit another 1u into my 6u rack and I really want a new floor version similar to the AXE III

To say I couldn't care less is an understatement, because I do covet the DSP power, as I often run into CPU overload if I go overboard with FX. But A: I'm not going to get one now, as I don't got the cash lying about, I just moved home, need to get an uber recording PC first, and a fitness trainer diploma. And B: never be an early adopter. After the II Mk. I came the Mk. II, then the XL and finally the XL+. The only version of the III that I want is the final uber version.

They had me at gapless channel switching, named scenes, and onboard cablab. The screen is nice, but I do all my editing on the computer. The processing power is nuts. I remember when the II came out, I thought what would I need that for....famous last words.

I’m stoked, but I’ll probably wait til next year. The cost with the floor controller and all will make quite expensive. And really the II is way more than I need for a cover band, but it looks too cool to not own one.

If you think you're excited now, wait til the firmware updates start coming and all the early adopters start raving about how great the latest release is. Imagine reading those posts with only your Axe-II and no update for you.

The XL+ worked perfectly fine for me tomorrow. I reckon it will work perfectly fine tonight when I get home. Why should I give a toss about what raving early adopters are saying about something I can't afford for at least a whole year, if not more. Especially since Fractal kept releasing new updates for the Standard/Ultra/Mk.1/Mk.2 until they ran out of storage space. And even then they found a way to squeeze in a few more.

Stop being a hysterical teenage girl! The world has not ended for anyone using a now older model. They work, and will continue to work for many years to come.

While I´m stoked I still cannot see myself carrying a rack and foot controller to gigs anymore. Here´s hope for a new AX8-4 running on four TI-cylinders.

Yeah...I got into the AxeFx 2xl+ a couple of years ago because I felt Quantum finally delivered on the promise of digital for guitar amp modeling after over 20 years of waiting for it to happen and I knew that the Axe2 had already been around for a while.

I’m already pretty much all in at this point when it comes to digital after selling off 20 amps from my 25 amp collection that I have been amassing over the last 35 years of playing (those last 5 are mostly around for reference and sentimental reasons at this point) and would be happy with the tones and feel if they never updated the software again so the only reason I’m updating is the features and hardware. I’ll be selling my AxeFx 2xl+ and AX8 and buying a pair of Axe3’s when they come out and ride them out for the next decade give or take.

Well, I'm super excited because at first glance the III solves all the problems I have with II - insufficient grid size, insufficient I/O, lack of separate controller for I/O, MIDI and UI operations, insufficient DSP power.

Apart from the increase in size and incompatibility with the MFC, it seems to be almost everything I wished for.

Yep, haven't this excited since I got on the AxeFXII waitlist in 2011. I'm looking forward to the gapless switching. Hopefully it will incorporate delay spillover across scenes as well.

The XL+ worked perfectly fine for me tomorrow. I reckon it will work perfectly fine tonight when I get home. Why should I give a toss about what raving early adopters are saying about something I can't afford for at least a whole year, if not more. Especially since Fractal kept releasing new updates for the Standard/Ultra/Mk.1/Mk.2 until they ran out of storage space. And even then they found a way to squeeze in a few more.

Stop being a hysterical teenage girl! The world has not ended for anyone using a now older model. They work, and will continue to work for many years to come.

That’s great that it’s working for you. It works great for me too (completely happy with the tone and feel) but I am bumping up against the CPU limitations and some of the functional limitations of the hardware that I have come up with workarounds for. The new unit address all of them for me so it makes sense to upgrade as this single update keeps me satisfied for years to come if not indefinitely.

im so excited but I will probably wait for a while before getting it as I am still happy with my XL+ and I already made up my mind that I will be getting either the Ken Lawrence Explorer or the hutchinson Hetrod with my yearly bonus payment. but if I do sell my mesa boogie mark v I might change my mind and get one soon hahah !

I'm just grazing information but if this new Axe FX III allows the ability to record multiple tracks at the same time I might make the switch.
What i'm talking about is for example recording a solo. Record the solo tone in stereo, record the delay in stereo on to a separate track, record the dry signal to another mono track and maybe the amp pre-IR to another mono track...

Back
Top Bottom