Anyone else still love Redwirez?

Clint Martin

Inspired
The fender oxford blue is an excellent cab! I made a mix with mixir2 I liked, and used Cab Lab to import it into the AX8. There is something about the Redwirez IRs that I just prefer I think. Is Mike at Redwirez still active? It seems like he has retired or moved on to other things.

Some of them are excellent. I think the problem is that they were a bit too scientific in the approach which led to an excessive amount of IRs to wade through to find the good ones. I think Mike has mostly abandoned things as there just isn't much money to be made. Piracy is likely a major problem.

For a long time, my favorite clean tone used the RedWirez Fender Twin with both Jensen C12Ns and D120s. I now just use the Factory Double Verb mix and I've never been more pleased.

I'm new so excuse my ignorance, but is the Double Verb Mix a Fractal or ML cab? I do like a ton of the stock cabs in the AX8, but I'm a tweaker! Hahaha! Seaching for tones is as much fun as playing live for me these days.
Which Fractal pack would you recommend that covers a lot of ground?
I pretty much stick with Fender and Marshall tones, but I do love the Carol-Ann IRs in "Obot the Robot" which I got with the Cab Lab bundle.

I used our factor under cab t75/v30 for years which is RW. I only stopped using it cause I wanted a less compressed tone. If I ever want to get that uber cab tones again I will buy the Cab pack FAS did that contains an Uber Cab.

I have said this numberous times that who ever makes a cab pack containing some VHT/Fryette cabs with their P50 (this that is the name) speaker get's my money! They are killer. There is the Fatbottom and Deliverance Cabs both have that speaker but sound difference. They come in 2 and 4 12's. Years ago I email Red Wirez, OH and some other company and all said we have so many plans already but you never know what will happen in the future.

I'm new so excuse my ignorance, but is the Double Verb Mix a Fractal or ML cab? I do like a ton of the stock cabs in the AX8, but I'm a tweaker! Hahaha! Seaching for tones is as much fun as playing live for me these days.
Which Fractal pack would you recommend that covers a lot of ground?
I pretty much stick with Fender and Marshall tones, but I do love the Carol-Ann IRs in "Obot the Robot" which I got with the Cab Lab bundle.
I am not sure there is one cab pack to cover fender and marshal in heavy detail. If you bought two you would prob be covered for life lol

I still use RW, especially to fill in empty spots left by other IR manufacturers.
For example the Soldano cab and Uberkab.

I have several Ownhammer packs. Mar-CB with the M20 expansion (the M20 is great.) I have the DLX 112 (excellent), and the modern studio mix which I don't care for at all.
Pack 15 with the Fender 2X12's looks like one I would like, but I must admit not having access to the wav files is a turn off.
I like to import files that are close and adjust them with Pro-Q in my daw or use them with S-Gear or whatever (I do that for all Ownhammer IRs).
However, every EQ tweak I usually do can now be done inside of the AX8. It's more powerful than what I'm used to having.
Fun times!

It's not a Fractal pack, but it covers A LOT of ground. I own it and can vouch for it being a great sounding and diverse library of IR's. It's from OwnHammer. http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=157&products_id=353
Reading the manual of this pack certainly makes me think it could keep one busy for a very long while! I've heard many people say that it's a good one, and I've seen it recommended on several forums several times. Thanks for the reminder.

i have and like the RW big pack. I tend to use just a couple mics and mostly use it when only using the computer (AX8 packed up or too lazy).

FAS has a cab pack with Uberkab
If you're talking about Cab Pack #9, that's not an Ubercab. OwnHammer has the closest thing to an Ubercab with it's 412 BOG-ST. While not an actual Ubercab, it offers the exact speakers that are in the Ubercab. The speaker combination is part of the Ubercab sound and if I couldn't hold for the actual thing, I'd go with OwnHammer.

If you're talking about Cab Pack #9, that's not an Ubercab. OwnHammer has the closest thing to an Ubercab with it's 412 BOG-ST. While not an actual Ubercab, it offers the exact speakers that are in the Ubercab. The speaker combination is part of the Ubercab sound and if I couldn't hold for the actual thing, I'd go with OwnHammer.
FAS shot the Uberkab in CP5 http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Cab_Pack_5_UltraRes_4x12_Collection_p/fas-801-0005.htm

It is no longer for sale for sale BUT you get all it's cabs free when you buy CP14. CP5 also has the TripTik 1x12 IR that we have as a factory cab. The obot CP has a different TripTik cab in it

Still love and use redwirez cabs all the time. For recording and with the ax8. There's a lot of great cabs stock in this unit so I don't really "need" any extra for what I'm doing. I purchased a lot of redwirez stuff awhile ago for my studio and loved them. If u know how to mic a cab and know what your looking for navigating through the mess of redwirez is pretty easy , though , I can understand it being daunting for the person who just wants somthing awesome right off the bat.

Isn't OH just as daunting? Their cab packs have a enormous amount of IR's to work through if I remember correctly

Yea, I come back to them pretty frequently. Mostly in the form of the factory IRs. As Cliff mentioned, the Big Box pack is huge and I don't really have the patience to wade through all the positions to find stuff. But the handful baked in to the firmware are generally pretty excellent and work, in a pinch, when I want something with more sizzle and cut.

Back
Top Bottom