Anyone else stalk the UPS driver??

I do, and it drives me nuts, lol. Last time I was tracking something like this, he kept driving past my house. I know it’s probably due to the load order on the truck (last in, first out), but I was tempted to run out and flag him down and see “give it to me!!”

I do, and it drives me nuts, lol. Last time I was tracking something like this, he kept driving past my house. I know it’s probably due to the load order on the truck (last in, first out), but I was tempted to run out and flag him down and see “give it to me!!”
Yup. Been there. Folks sit in front of their screens waiting for the truck to arrive in their neighborhood. Doesn't matter if the truck is only a ½ mile down the road. (Can I get you a drink of water and some nail clippers, guy?)

Yup. Been there. Folks sit in front of their screens waiting for the truck to arrive in their neighborhood. Doesn't matter if the truck is only a ½ mile down the road. (Can I get you a drink of water and some nail clippers, guy?)
It’s not worth the hassle for me unless I really need to be on top of it - like if I’m about to leave the house and need to receive it before leaving. That’s when it’s frustrating - because he’s literally right there, and you need to leave. I‘ve heard of some people driving to the truck and meeting the delivery driver and asking for the package, but I always assumed either (a) it’s frowned upon, and (b) if not, it probably frustrates the driver, so I‘ve not tried it…

It’s not worth the hassle for me unless I really need to be on top of it - like if I’m about to leave the house and need to receive it before leaving. That’s when it’s frustrating - because he’s literally right there, and you need to leave. I‘ve heard of some people driving to the truck and meeting the delivery driver and asking for the package, but I always assumed either (a) it’s frowned upon, and (b) if not, it probably frustrates the driver, so I‘ve not tried it…
Yeah, I understand. Fortunately regards needing to be somewhere, my work schedule doesn't conflict with deliveries. If UPS needs to deliver if I'm not home, they can deliver to my work address. That might actually be a better choice, given that it'll be busy and I'll have something to look forward to after I arrive home with the carton...if/when/maybe soon...

I've driven up to many a UPS/FedEx driver to get 'my precious'. "Ya got what's mine dammit...bought & paid for days ago for F**k's sake" :cool:

My UPS driver and I have been on a first name basis for many years. Mike will knock on the door and tell me "it looks like another toy for you ... what did you get this time?". This past summer I tried out about 6 different guitars, so every week he was delivering a new one and picking up another I was returning. As soon as he saw a guitar box on his truck, he knew it was mine. What's cool is that I live in in a property with about 250 homes ... and when he thinks it's a new toy of some sort, he'll deliver to me first. Great guy.

My UPS driver and I have been on a first name basis for many years. Mike will knock on the door and tell me "it looks like another toy for you ... what did you get this time?". This past summer I tried out about 6 different guitars, so every week he was delivering a new one and picking up another I was returning. As soon as he saw a guitar box on his truck, he knew it was mine. What's cool is that I live in in a property with about 250 homes ... and when he thinks it's a new toy of some sort, he'll deliver to me first. Great guy.

That's awesome. I think some humanity and friendliness goes a long, long ways. Heck,
it can even be self-serving. :) I won't out him, but "Jack" will sign for me if a package requires
it and I leave him a note asking him to. And I honestly do smoke meats for him and share goodies. :)

I see so many people complain and bitch and moan (maybe rightly so in some cases) about
these drivers who every day have more and more on their plate as we sit home and order
from the comfort of our recliner and then feel entitled to have it here yesterday. Their every minute
is literally tracked to the second. I know I wouldn't want a job like that. "Jack" told me they literally
have 60 seconds from the time they scan a package in the truck, to walk it to the door, get a sig if
needed, and then get back in the truck and go to the next stop. So you are damn right I am going
to do what little I can to make someone feel like an human and not an automated delivery service.

Right now I want to hunt the FedEx people. I paid for 2-day, and we're on day three, with no delivery in sight.

There will be words.
I hate when that happens and it truly sucks. But when you consider the logistics of moving millions of packages across the country at a fast pace, it's really amazing what they do each and every day. Hoping your package makes it home very soon brother!

Right now I want to hunt the FedEx people. I paid for 2-day, and we're on day three, with no delivery in sight.

There will be words.
If you could see it in your heart to be patient with delivery carriers, you'll go a long way towards preserving the peace and unity we enjoy on this forum. What's being said here is, while there is an onslaught of questions we all have, let's not do anything else but enjoy the time we have together...just a suggestion...

That's awesome. I think some humanity and friendliness goes a long, long ways. Heck,
it can even be self-serving. :) I won't out him, but "Jack" will sign for me if a package requires
it and I leave him a note asking him to. And I honestly do smoke meats for him and share goodies. :)

I see so many people complain and bitch and moan (maybe rightly so in some cases) about
these drivers who every day have more and more on their plate as we sit home and order
from the comfort of our recliner and then feel entitled to have it here yesterday. Their every minute
is literally tracked to the second. I know I wouldn't want a job like that. "Jack" told me they literally
have 60 seconds from the time they scan a package in the truck, to walk it to the door, get a sig if
needed, and then get back in the truck and go to the next stop. So you are damn right I am going
to do what little I can to make someone feel like an human and not an automated delivery service.
You know what? That sounds like a really nice gesture. Thanks for sharing this idea with us. This is one type of behavior I can imitate and get behind...

There will be words.
FedEx has really gone down hill. They used to the top when it came to on time delivery, sometimes early delivery, at least in my area. They may want to rethink their contracting model. I haven't seen a consistent delivery person, or truck, for months. Packages are consistently late and in a lot of recent cases damaged and opened. Haven't had anything missing, yet.

Back
Top Bottom