Anyone else into proper hot chillies?

That video was shot almost exactly 24 hours ago. I'm relieved to report that little or no collateral damage was felt by the plumbing. It sure as hell heated up the stomach for 20 minutes or so, though. Felt like it was being disinfected.

I love spicy food and my tolerance is for sure more than your average person. I prefer the heat to have flavor though. I'm not big into just 'hot' for the sake of it being hot.

That said, about 10 years ago, at a former job, we used to once a week or so get Thai food from a local joint. When the gal on the phone took my order, she either wrote it down wrong or heard me wrong. 3 was usually about perfect as that place usually made everything spicy to begin with. Her 3 must've looked like a damn 5 (their hottest). I took one bite and it was like I'd been maced (pepper spray). How do I know how that feels? Because we had to get maced during the training portion of that job (security at an incredibly hands on, nasty area of Minneapolis. We went through Minneapolis police defensive tactics training twice a year. ) so you knew what it felt like. I'm not kidding, I was uncontrollably coughing, had snot flowing out of my nose, could barely breathe...and that was just the first bite, lol. About 3-4 hours later, I had to go get rid of the rental food. And I kid you not, it literally felt like someone was holding a lighter under my a-hole and I'm sure it looked like that scene in Dumb & Dumber with Jeff Daniels on the toilet. From that point on, every time I'd call the place, I'd make 100% sure she heard me correct and wrote the 3 VERY clearly.

In Honolulu there’s this Japanese ramen place where things go quite a bit above 5 star spiciness rating. They have 7 levels and the top one is called “WTF”, and deservedly so. Probably the most hardcore food item I’ve ever eaten. Not only was it spicy, it was also hot, which makes it much worse. Took me half an hour to finish and I was ready to give it up towards the end.

To give you a calibration I can eat whole habaneros with no issues at all. Very tasty pepper btw, if one can take the heat - tastes like carrots.

Wow Burgs......that’s a hot pepper! I don’t do crazy hot, but I sure love me some home made queso with a nice serrano or two thrown in.

I progressed through the "Hot Ones" line up with some co-workers a while back. The worst part of Da Bomb for me wasn't the heat, it was the bitter flavor
Yes, I call that the mustard gas effect. Some peppers just taste bad.

Eastern NM here. We eat green chiles on everything but cereal...lol.
And peanuts too, right? (My sister and her husband went to ENMU years ago. Portales was only place I've seen peanut butter milkshakes.)

Reactions: mwd
My long distance friends and relatives stop at Pats for cheese sticks and peanut butter shakes the minute they hit town...lol.

Back
Top Bottom