Anyone else having sound issues that come and go after V7 upgrade?

romanianreaper

Power User
I upgraded my Axe-FX II the other day to the Version 7 Beta and also purchased a Matrix GT1000FX. At first I thought the problem I'm having was the GT1000FX but then I plugged into my old amp and was having the same issue. This is what occassionally happens:

When I'm playing, sometimes my tone will change from a very defined tone, with great low end, and clear to a tone that is harsh, with no low end, and a very "flubby" sound like something is being overloaded, etc. No matter what amp I pick, it sounds like the "Bassman Ready to Explode" preset or whatever it is called. Also, the red output overload light will come on for some of the presets. I'll turn the unit off and back on and it will occasionally fix but it is very random.

Anyone having this issue by any chance? I wasn't sure if a "Reset System Parameters" will fix the problem or not or if I should try to update the Firmware again. I updated the Firmware using Axe-Edit. Not sure if that caused an issue or not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

have you updated to the actual 7.00 firmware? or is this all problems with the beta?

I went downstairs this morning and played thru the Axe-FX II and everything seemed to be working fine so I didn't do a system reset. I guess if it happens again I'll do one just to refresh the system. It might have done it already on it's own after a few reboots.

I had something similar at first. Check if your wah block is auto engaging... think I read about this being new in v7.

I had the axe pedal input mapped to ext 10, but no pedal actually connected to the port. I guess it just saw some noise there, and the axe figured I was moving a pedal.

I had something similar at first. Check if your wah block is auto engaging... think I read about this being new in v7.

I had the axe pedal input mapped to ext 10, but no pedal actually connected to the port. I guess it just saw some noise there, and the axe figured I was moving a pedal.

Thanks! Yeah I did a system reset and the sound is coming and going. If it continues I'll just do another Firmware update.

F*ck....I also am having issues after updating to V7 : all my patches using Global Blocks seems to fluctuate in volume...sometimes even no volume...checked it in the Utility menu and the meters show that the output volume is fluctuating............then I pushed enter to take away all the Global Blocks....and my sound was there as in V6...........so I guess I have to unlink all my patches and then link again all the Global Blocks.....oh boy............

yeah, ive had complete system freezes since v7 (both computer and afx) -- the afx once had a garbled screen and had to be reset; the afx crashing the daw issue has returned in v7 after disappearing with 6.02. but it has been said to not use the axe-edit software with v7, which could have been the cause, and is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. seems to me that such behavior suggests that one or the other (v7 firmware or axe-edit) should be called beta.

To the posters in this thread with issues ....
Is AxeEdit connected while you experience these issues... if so, disconnect AxeEdit. Rinse. Repeat!

Mine is not connected to AxeEdit when having the issues. I did the Version 7.0 install a second time followed by an immediate "reset system parameters" and so far seems to be working good.

I've had some volume swell issues since upgrading to V7.
Axe Edit is not open and the volume (thru output 2) gets louder and very clear and then dips and the top end fades.
it's not drastic but I just started noticing it since going to 7.
did a system reset too and it seemed to help for a while but I noticed it again today.
Output one =no problem yet (that I've noticed)
I don't use any global blocks either.

I noticed all my patches lost the noise gate settings....all my lead patches were buzzing and making the worst noise imaginable....that's my experience so far!

I solved mine by taking away all the Global Blocks and had to reset the Drive blocks.....and then everything seems ok.........perhaps a whole Reset System Parameter is he best option.........

I solved mine by taking away all the Global Blocks and had to reset the Drive blocks.....and then everything seems ok.........perhaps a whole Reset System Parameter is he best option.........

I've done a system reset twice and unfortunately the random change in tone is still there. Just FYI for everyone, I use an M-Audio MIDISPORT to bring in firmware via AxeEdit. I have to do it that way because my USB option stopped working (I think it is a Windows 7 64-bit issue).

Back
Top Bottom